Slob-O

Cadet
Re: Jon Boat Gas Tank Location in Bench

2011-09-11_15-13-03_896.jpgAnd finally some fish caught out of it

IMG_20110707_193735.jpg33incher.jpg2011-07-25_21-23-11_859.jpg0627011807.jpg

lncoop

Vice Admiral

Wow, nice job slob-o, on the boat AND the fish. Don't think I've ever seen such a well conceived use of limited space, and the craftsmanship is top notch. I'm generally not a fan of pimped out john boats, but I gotta admit, that little rig is sweet. How does she handle with the additional weight? The pike and the big bass are absolutely gorgeous. I've had some of my best times on the water in a john boat and have a real soft spot for them.

Slob-O

Cadet

Thank you very much! It didn't take too long from start to finish but it sure did cost more than what I was hoping for. Took 5 weekends, so 10 days, and roughly $2000. The front deck frame really strengthened her up and she doesn't flex as much as it did before on choppy water. I will admit I was a bit leery about the extra weight myself, but it handles as if it was from the factory! That 25 Johnson just gets her up on plane right away with 2 people. It surprisingly fishes 3 people well, but takes a tad bit longer to get up on plane. The lake I mainly fish is basically a flooded swamp and this year the water level is a foot low, so roughly 1.5 to 2 ft deep at the most, and this boat is one of the few that can get on the lake. No fishing pressure = great fishing! I have never caught as many quality fish in one month (june) than I ever have thanks to this boat!