Johnson TN 28 carb parts

Scott53

Seaman
Thread starter
Joined
May 11, 2014
Messages
60
Could anyone give me some good leads on getting carb parts for a '53 Johnson 5hp. The washers and seals were missing on the primer pump when I took the carb apart for cleaning.Thanks.
 

flyingscott

Fleet Admiral
Joined
Apr 8, 2014
Messages
8,341
Probably be easier to buy another carb for the parts. The metal washers have a groove in them. the leather washers can be replaced with orings. Find one on ebay.

​
 

F_R

Honorary Supreme Mariner
Joined
Jul 7, 2006
Messages
28,226
There is a guy named Lloyd in the Antique Outboard Motor Club that makes the original style leather packings. Post your question there on their Ask-A-Member forum and you should receive further information. www.aomci.org
 

Scott53

Seaman
Thread starter
Joined
May 11, 2014
Messages
60
Flyingscott

Thanks for the info.I bought one this morning on eBay.
 

Scott53

Seaman
Thread starter
Joined
May 11, 2014
Messages
60
F_R

I did order those leather washers and I bought a carb today so it looks like I'll be all set.
Thanks for the info.
 
Top