FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Has anyone a clue on where can I obtain a repair manual for this outboard motor?Especially I need information on electric circuits of this machine, because some wires are missing.
I have a Seloc manual I picked up at Boat U.S. It's Seloc manual # 007-1. ISBN# 0-89330-007-1<br /><br />Hmmm...glancing in it, even though this manual is supposed to include your motor, it doesn't seem to have a wiring diagram for yours. The only motor it has an electrical diagram from for that year is a 40hp. Can't find any diagrams for an 28hp engines. The next closest ones are a diagram for 1971-72 25hp, and 1965-67 33hp.<br /><br />Here, I'll post pictures of 'em. If one of these seems to match up, this is the book you want. Otherwise, you may want to look for another manual:<br /><br />1962 Johnson 40hp<br />1965-67 33hp<br />1970-71 25hp
Yo can go to Ken Cook Publications to order. See my post/search on Ken Cook Publications on your search engine.<br /><br />Or use this link<br /><br /><br />Ken Cook Co.