Johnson 18 HP engines

samo_ott

Vice Admiral
Re: Johnson 18 HP engines

You never mentioned but does the '58 come with the pressure gas tank as if not, it might be a tad harder to find a pressure tank for it.

cbourbeau32

Seaman

@ Samo, the guy with the '58 sold his so I'm going to pick up the newer one and as it turns out it's actually an Evinrude. Not sure how much difference there is between that and a Johnson (not much I think).

Thanks, Charlie

bonz_d

Vice Admiral

Charlie, between the two there is no difference. Paint color and hood cover that's about it.

82rude

Rear Admiral

1959 and up for the 18,s were hit with an ugly stick!still good runners but hit every branch on the way down the ugly tree.

milliesdad

Petty Officer 2nd Class

@ Samo, the guy with the '58 sold his so I'm going to pick up the newer one and as it turns out it's actually an Evinrude. Not sure how much difference there is between that and a Johnson (not much I think).

Thanks, Charlie

After assembly at the factory, if it started with 1 pull, it was painted blue and given Evinrude decals

If it took 2 pulls, it was painted white and given Johnson decals.

HighTrim

Supreme Mariner

After assembly at the factory, if it started with 1 pull, it was painted blue and given Evinrude decals

If it took 2 pulls, it was painted white and given Johnson decals.

If it didn't start it was given a bunch of silly fasteners and backwards threads, painted black and sent down to the Merc factory. :)