FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I had a cracked fuel pump input. I bought a new fuel pump, and like a Numbnuts I tried to just swap the input and fuel filter. Unfortunately, i took all the screws out and lost that pain in the butt little spring. DO NOT TAKE THE PUMP APART.
I think the takeaway from this is to know what you are taking apart. Don't just jump willy nilly into it. A lot of those pumps get rebuilt just need to be aware of what's in it. Google has many parts breakdowns for those pumps.
909, I lost the old one too. I was having extreme problems holding everything together. I thought I had a hold on an extremely angry cat. It didn't scratch though
Easiest way to build those pumps, is put 2 screws in a vice long enough to go through the unthreaded part. Build the pump on those 2 screws and stack it like a sandwich.
Folks, I just posted the original for a warning. I didn't mean to start a verbal war. Anyway, that fuel pump (Repop) has more layers than a birthday cake.