Jet Skis smashed by big blow on Lake Livingston

SailorDon

Cadet
Video clip of a big blow on Lake Livingston, TX.

Two Sea-Doo's came off their boat lift cradle when a lift shackle broke.
The rest is history (and busted up fiberglass).

KBHicks88

Cadet
I know there are several places still repairing from this day, including the marina at the old 190 ramp

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
That was painful to watch :( I just hope the insurance replaces them. Mechanically the engines are probably good for parts and to resell but the electronics and shells are land fill.

I had to Google Lake Livingston, TX.

Sorry for someone's loss.

southkogs

Staff member
It's amazing how powerful storms can be on lakes inland. I know the Great Lakes can generate some spectacular conditions, but even the impounds here in TN can get scary like that sometimes.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Very sad indeed. I was impressed that one of the Ski's never fully sunk but I think that was because the mooring line didn't break, I'm not sure. We live right on the north shore of Erie and see some crazy storms in the fall mostly Oct. and Nov. Every spring we have all manner of smashed vessels on my rock break wall including BBQ's, lawn furniture, sit down lawnmowers, decks, docks, any and everything. A few years back a house trailer washed up on shore, some of it at least.

Wild storms here are a common occurrence all year round yet it seems every year people leave their vessels and stuff in harms way.

KBHicks88

Cadet
Lake Livingston is a rather large open body of water, and it can turn on you extremely quick! We had some family friends that faced damages from this storm to their boat docks. Fortunately their straps for the boat and ski did their job, but several of the boards had to be replaced due to being forced out from the waves hitting below.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
Looking E-W before the lake filled, you could purchase a lot 65' wide by 5 miles deep for the price of a 65 x 200'. NS was more than that. That lake was a dream when it was new. Due to erosion and what comes down the river, you can have it.