jet pac model 100

55'Fleetwin7.5

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have a 57' 35hp lark... i picked up a parts motor too... the parts motor is seized, but has two thing the working motor does not.

1) a generator
2) a "jet pac" model 100

I want to mount the generator on my working motor for obvious reasons. Any tips? How can I check if it is working? How do these get maintained? can you still buy replacment belts?

Second... What is this "jet pac"? Looks like a performance item... like slapping a 4 barrel on an old V8... or some sort of modified intake... there is linkage to the throttle... opens up at the fast position... not really sure what to expect... Any advice?

Thanks in advance.

Chinewalker

Fleet Admiral
Re: jet pac model 100

As I understand it, the JetPac added more air to the engine. You would have to enrichen the fuel mixture knob a bit to keep things in balance and prevent it from running lean. I believe someone at the AOMCI site had one with the installation and operating instructions - might be able to post a query over there and see if someone will send you a copy of the pages.

- Scott

F_R

Supreme Mariner

As I understand it, the JetPac added more air to the engine. You would have to enrichen the fuel mixture knob a bit to keep things in balance and prevent it from running lean. I believe someone at the AOMCI site had one with the installation and operating instructions - might be able to post a query over there and see if someone will send you a copy of the pages.

- Scott

The generator belt is available. It is about $60. On top of that, you need a voltage regulator $100, a regulator cable $60, a deeper junction box cover ($), a terminal strip/fuse block $25 and whatever else I forgot. You also need a flywheel that still has the generator drive pulley intact. Most of them fell off from the 35hps.

I installed a Jet Pac back when they came out. A great disappointment. Hardly any increase in power and the motor actually ran worse. My advice--forget it.

55'Fleetwin7.5

Petty Officer 1st Class

Just got an email from a guy in the AOMCI... he installed one (jet pac) on his 35 and said it gave it a real kick to the top end.... said he has manuals

FR are you sure you put yours on right?

As for the generator... It would be great not to run my battery out - but - sounds like I may not have all the parts... It sounds like the "interface" at the boat might be different... I don't have it so I can't be sure.

Thanks for your advice