Jeff Gordon

OLDSPUD

Petty Officer 1st Class
I am a new to the Sport(?) of Nascar, so I may be completly off about this.

Ok so, he didn't race in the Busch Series, and now he wins a lot.

To me, he and Jimmie look like the best team, but possibly the most hated. Why, because he wins? Does he cheat, or can you cheat in Nascar and how would you do it?
Why does everyone seem to hate him? I kinda like Kevin Harvik myself, but Jeff seems to be the best driver, if he doesn't win, Jimmie usually does. My wife is a huge J Johnson fan.

But throwing beer cans? a little much.

What was the deal about the No 3 flag? Is that what everyone is pissed about? Dale Sr.? What is the relationship between Dale SR. ,Jr., and Jeff?

Was he flying the flag in the face of Sr. and Jr.? If so, I would be pissed myself.

Spud

tommays

Admiral
Re: Jeff Gordon

It is really strange as Jeff and Dale were the best of friends and in business together in side ventures outside the race track

Junior and Jeff also get along well and Juinor was happy to see him fly the 3 flag

gordon.earnhardt.193.jpg

tommays

CJY

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I think when you add everything up, it's easy to see why people dislike him. He wins, he is a pretty boy and he is not from the South. Most of nextel has roots in Winston cup or the South. Not all, but many. Jeff Gordon made it to Winston Cup and was Dale Sr's biggest rival during Sr's later years. Fans chose Sr over Gordon......and I guess fans never forget.

I don't think Gordon was doing anything to show up or be disrespectful to Sr. When Gordon flew his flag, it was after he had just won, which tied him with Sr in number of wins in the cup series. Gordon payed tribute to Sr by flying his flag. Personally, I did not find it to be disrespectful at all, and I was as big of a Sr fan as there was.

Gordon is good, always has been. He is just not one of the "good ole boys." BTW, Sr was not liked everywhere he went, Take Bristol for example, they hated him, even before the LaBonte incident.

CJY

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Beer cans on the playing/racing surface....only at the track or a Cleveland Browns game.

What happened at Talledega, not too big a deal. Drunk angry fanatics = drunk crazy behavior. I guess booing was just not enough this time.

QC

Supreme Mariner

Yeah, I agree with CJY. Interestingly enough, before the race, Darrell Waltrip said that Gordon "may be the best ever." He's probably right; the guy is awesome and he has the numbers to back it up. I am not so sure about Jimmy. Pretty swollen nog on that one, and although he deserves to be a little swollen, he could also use a dose of humble pie.

Dale Sr. wasn't always so sure about Gordon. I think he originally dubbed him "the Boy Wonder" . . .

Coors

Captain

Fans? not fans, drunk Dale die-hards. A real fan will cheer the guy that does better. It makes us smart rednecks look bad. And i don't watch it, I agree with Stewart- wrestling now.

puddle jumper

Captain

Jeff Gordon Has proven him self time and time again.
Im a fan of his also i like Tony Stewart.
Correct me if im wrong but didnt Jef Gordon buy a nascar and team then he went racing with out coming up through the ranks.If i remeber right that mad alot of fans mad when he kept winning.I dont think it matters what sport you watch i think you will always find people like that.

Kenneth Brown

Captain

Reasons why I don't like JG-

1- He's not a good ole boy
2- He spends more time "getting ready" than my wife and pre-teen daughter
3- He's a pretty boy, looks and acts like a rich snob.
4- Ever seen his ex wife? I'm jealous.

That being said I'd throw beer cans at him too but I respect his skills, the boy is good.

QC

Supreme Mariner

Actually he came up with Bill Davis Racing and did run some Busch. Hendrick hired him away and the rest is history. He technically owns the #48 team not the #24 . . .

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Fans are fans. Hate, love, rivalries.. They ALL sell bumper stickers. And not every fan has 24 on their tailgate.

It's irrational to "hate" a driver, yet I cannot stand Tony. NP with Jeff or Jr, but I dislike drivers who race dirty, and that is my impression of Tony.

CJY

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Fans are fans. Hate, love, rivalries.. They ALL sell bumper stickers. And not every fan has 24 on their tailgate.

It's irrational to "hate" a driver, yet I cannot stand Tony. NP with Jeff or Jr, but I dislike drivers who race dirty, and that is my impression of Tony.

I guess we can agree on some things 12. I don't like Stewart either. He races others exactly like he does not want to be raced against by them. I enjoy the aggressive(Sr.) style and always have. Probably why I was an Earnhardt fan. Stewart is aggressive and I have no problem with that. The problem I have is he whines when he gets the aggressive treatment on the track.

Speaking of Gordon though.......one of the best trackside incidents over the past couple of years was when Gordon got out of his car and walked over and biotch-slapped Matt Kenseth. Talk about a whining, pretty boy wanna be.

QC

Supreme Mariner

Nah, Ward throwin' his heat shields at Jr. at Bristol was better . . . :D

PierBridge

Chief Petty Officer

one of the best trackside incidents over the past couple of years was when Gordon got out of his car and walked over and biotch-slapped Matt Kenseth. Talk about a whining, pretty boy wanna be.

Nice try but your a little off.

After Kenseth took Gordon out and cost Jeff the Win along with knocking him out of the chase, Kenseth like the DRIP that he is went over to Gordons Car right as Jeff was getting out of his car "big difference then your story" and thought he was going to make Jeff feel better or something and your right it was one of the best trackside incidents over the last couple years and totally awesome to see Jeff smack that clown.