JB-Apology to Ryan T.

Jack Shellac

Lieutenant Commander
In the Dave letterman thread, Mr. Ladyfish made a personal attack on Ryan T. and instead of calling his hand, you excused it and seemed to support it. It is supposed to be contrary to the iboats rules, as you yourself have said many times. Sure, Ryan T. is a kid. But instead of attacking him for it, we should be encouraging his interest in boats. There are many worse things he could be involved in.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: JB-Apology to Ryan T.

Huh??<br /><br />I don't think I excused anything. I think I called it a draw and asked that it be dropped.<br /><br />Ryan bashed Letterman by calling him a moron. That is bad.<br /><br />Mr.LF bashed Ryan for it. Also bad.<br />Score: 1:1, game over.

Jack Shellac

Lieutenant Commander

Oh, is Dave Letterman an iboats member? I didn't know that. I thought he was just a public figure that people have a right to have an opinion on. You also added to the attack by saying that "Ryan T. does go off half-cocked sometimes". We lead by example, not by excuses.<br />I'd like to hear other members opinion on this. If I'm thought wrong, I'll apologize for my error.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Jack, I will just add that young Ryan has been known to call members on this board moron's also.<br /><br />I'm done.

JB

Jack, I appreciate your comments and respect your opinion.<br /><br />I have known Ryan very well for a couple of years and converse with him by IM almost daily. He is my buddy and I like him.<br /><br />But he does go off half cocked sometimes and I have told him so many times. It doesn't upset me when he does that because I am used to it, but calling anyone (not just members) a moron on this site is at least pushing the envelope if not breaking the rules.<br /><br />Mr.LF's rebuke was a personal attack of a mild nature and I think appropriate, but also at the limits or over them.<br /><br />They were both wrong or very close to it. It was more wrong to carry it further into hostile exchange of remarks.<br /><br />Would you feel better if I just poofed the thread? I don't think either of them was wrong enough to justify that.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by JB:<br /><br />Ryan bashed Letterman by calling him a moron. That is bad.<br /><br />Mr.LF bashed Ryan for it. Also bad.<br />Score: 1:1, game over.
LOL Yup. That's what a moderator has to do with every post. It's not a job for the biased or faint-hearted... You da man, JB.

ob

Admiral

Moderators' jobs are a difficult one.I'll concede to that as fact.But in all fairness ,refering to Letterman as a moron is ,imo,quite the same as numerous other bashes of public figures on too many threads to mention.Not trying to toss a provocative grenade over the wall,but merely voicing what has been my observation.In sumation,the entire topic is not worth maintaining any hard feelings but rather getting glad in the same pants you got mad in.Shake and be friends RyanT and Mr.Ladyfish and you'll feel better for it. :)

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

But what if Letterman WAS a moron? I've been known to call a spade a spade, myself.<br />Personally, I don't think he is. He is a man with unique gifts...How'z that? :) <br />That's what we call "diplomacy" here on iboats. But sometimes, passions run too high, and we git the mod's axe.

ob

Admiral

12'er.I think we agree.my post was sorta in defrense of Ryans opinion of Dave L.I too have called a spade a spade from time to time.I personally don't watch Letterman much and can take or leave him.I liked the older variety shows where the host didn't talk so much.Cept maybe Carson. ;)

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

on a lighter note, I called myself a moron recently, and was very offended as a result. I later apologized to myself and now I feel better.<br /><br />I agree that this is water over the damn, but do hope MR LF & Jacks points are given due consideration. <br /><br />Happy Saturday night all.

crab bait

Captain

there's a few more here that needs a good 'SHELLAC'N',also.. :) ..

Jack Shellac

Lieutenant Commander

Well Crabby, you know how to finish things off in a good humor. I don't know whether I was right or wrong, but apologize to anyone that I may have offended. I rarely post in this section, but felt an obligation to speak up.

KaGee

Admiral

Time to get MORE-ON something else.<br />Me thinks this thread is done! :)

tylerin

Commander

Mr. L/F don't be to hard on the young buck. Lets look at the bright side "Moron" is the one word he seems to always spell correctly ;)

BrianFD

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Hey now, wait a minute. Since you opened the door, Tylerin, I've seen a remarkable improvement on the lad's spelling. Good work, Ryan... Keep it up! <br />Now this thread it truly hijacked, and I apologize to anyone who may be offended.<br />Now, both y'all,
23_8_20.gif

Mr.Ladyfish

Master Chief Petty Officer

I didn't mean to start a mess. Ryan rubs me the wrong way with his attitude and I usually keep my mouth shut because he is a kid but didn't this time. <br /><br />Ryan, I'll try to be more tolerant in the future.