FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
They can go bad, yes. And some are know to be more accurate than others. If we have GPS speed, a known pitch & gear ratio that kinda leaves the tach in question.
Putting the jack plate on this weekend. New tac in the mail. Dont know if I will get it this weekend. But I will have the plate. How high do I jack it up. I have a water pressure guage. When do you stop jacking it up? When you start to lose water pressure?
Went for a test drive. With 2 people and all of my fishing gear 5500 rpms. Thats with a new tac and the jack plate installed. I jacked the motor up untill I started to loose water pressure then went back down 1/2 inch. 5500 is trimed as far as I can go with out cavation with very little waves. Do I need to go to a 13 pitch prop?