Jack it up

old jim

Petty Officer 2nd Class
My 18ft Tracker sits on a trailer made by or for the Tracker people. The frame
is rectangular steel, and the axel is round. If and when the day comes that I need
to jack a tire up where would one put the jack? Perhaps on the frame, in front of
or behind the wheel. Inquiring minds want no need to know? Regards, Jim

Cheetah 210es

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Jack it up

Your typical floor jack has cut outs on the cup that the axle sits in nicely, If you jack either end of the spring on the frame you have to first lift the weight of the load until the spring unloads itself before the tyre clears the ground.

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

The spring perch is what I use but I also use a floor jack that is easy to fit under it.

Parrish416

Cadet

My 18ft Tracker sits on a trailer made by or for the Tracker people.

5150abf

Vice Admiral

The axle is the best place, as cheetah pointed out it lift the whole thing now as opposed to having to max out the suspension but anywhere is fine, I really doubt you can hurt it no matter where you jack it up.

lncoop

Vice Admiral

I've probably lifted mine more in the last ten months that most people do in a lifetime. Long story.:facepalm: I've always just put the jack under the axle right next to the wheel and never had an issue. This is on a 21' Suntracker.

Lawnmedic

Seaman

The axle is the best place, as cheetah pointed out it lift the whole thing now as opposed to having to max out the suspension but anywhere is fine, I really doubt you can hurt it no matter where you jack it up.

Watched a guy try to rotate his tires using 1 jack, right in the middle of the axle....

old jim

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Well I don't carry a floor jack in the PU so best see if the bottle jack I do carry will work.
Maybe the sisor jack that csme with the PU. Regards, Jim

lncoop

Vice Admiral

Well I don't carry a floor jack in the PU so best see if the bottle jack I do carry will work.
Maybe the sisor jack that csme with the PU. Regards, Jim

Shouldn't have any trouble getting either of those under your trailer, Jim.