Jabsco 37010 not pumping water in

Ignatios

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hello everyone
I have a jabsco 37010 0090 it was working good but it seemed a little by little it stopped pumping raw water in, it flushes to the tank but it doesn’t pump on water changed the impeller and the seals still doesn’t pump water in I tried priming it at the pump it shoots in to the toilet the prime water I added but then nothing I kept it running for minutes but nothing so I tried to add water from the seacock all the way to the pump again it shoots out the water at the pump but then nothing it seems like nothing stays at the pump.
Any ideas would be great help thanks and God bless

mike_i

Master Chief Petty Officer
Does the pump sounds like it's working? Just wondering if it has a steady 12volts.

Ignatios

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Does the pump sounds like it's working? Just wondering if it has a steady 12volts.
Yes sir it does, if I push water into the hose from where the seacock is and then i push the bottom it will shoots the water pretty good but it doesn't keep pumping the water it seems like it loses the prime water and it doesn't recover. I tried a brand new pump still doing the same thing.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
If it will not hold prime you have a leak somewhere in your intake line.

How are you adding water to the seacock with the boat in the water?

Do you have a strainer (screen) on your intake?

Ignatios

Petty Officer 2nd Class
If it will not hold prime you have a leak somewhere in your intake line.

How are you adding water to the seacock with the boat in the water?

Do you have a strainer (screen) on your intake?
There is a shut off at the seacock and no strainer so I use a garden hose to push the water from the seacock point if contact all the way to the pump but nothing hold.
So that makes sense that water can get to the pump but not hold when using the pump to draw water because it keeps losing the prime because of a leak somewhere.
So my concern is the valve and the solenoid which I couldn’t find . There is to air valves on that side but they’re past the water hose and they’re about 8 feet away from the it. Could it be that there is no valve and solenoid for this toilet system?

alldodge

Staff member
The valve may not be there, and if so then it wasn't needed for original install

Agree with dingbat, if pump will not pull water then there is probably a air leak, either that or the impeller is not making good contact. There are different impellers, you sure you have the correct one?

Ignatios

Petty Officer 2nd Class
The valve may not be there, and if so then it wasn't needed for original install

Agree with dingbat, if pump will not pull water then there is probably a air leak, either that or the impeller is not making good contact. There are different impellers, you sure you have the correct one?
I did use the pump number but more so is the new pump that I ordered and installed is acting the same, both of them they’ll pump so long there is water in the line but a minute later if you wait it will not pump, no more water in there.