It's Snowing, It's Snowing!!!!!

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant
Well, it looks like Ole Man Winter showed up early.<br />Earliest snowfall since the 1940s up here. 4.7 inches of the white stuff fell today. In fact, it is still falling.<br />I guess it is time to prep up the skis, and snowmachines now....WOOOHOOOO!! :D :D <br /><br />If you can't tell, I love winter. ;) <br /><br />AK Chappy

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Re: It's Snowing, It's Snowing!!!!!

I do too, Chappy. Winter is way cool.<br />The summers in Florida are brutal,inhuman times.<br />Especially right now with Hurricane Jeane bearing-down on us. I've had about all the summer I can handle.<br />Winter is a time when you can bundle up, with layer after layer of clothes to stay warm.<br />But down here in august, there is no stripping down to yer scivvies allowed,and there;s no escape from the heat and humidity.<br />Enjoy it, man!<br />I can't wait for the first cold front.

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Ahhh! Cool weather. That sounds heavenly. Enjoy it for me,AKFishingNut.<br />Its still in the 90's here. Won't see any cool until probably late October.<br />Bassy

Rideout

Cadet

Isn't the first snow of the season in Anchorage called "Terminal Dust"...marking the end of summer.<br />(Haven't been there for 20 years)

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by Bassy:<br /> Ahhh! Cool weather. That sounds heavenly. Enjoy it for me,AKFishingNut.<br />Its still in the 90's here. Won't see any cool until probably late October.<br />Bassy
Gimme, gimme, we're not snowing here in Vancouver but we've sure been robbed of our typical 80 deg month. I'll take all you can't handle. :D

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Sure Boomyal. How much do you want?

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

LOL at BoomYal,<br /><br />Bassy, I spent five years in So. Cal. Brutal hot. There was a 5 yr drought, I got there at the beginning and left just as it ended. It rained maybe 4 times while I was there (really rained, not light mist). You can keep the heat. I will go play in the snow!!<br /><br />Rideout,<br />The first snow on the tops of the mountains is called "Termination Dust" meaning the termination of summer. We got that part about two weeks ago. I have been looking at it longingly since.<br /><br />Unfortunately, it has warmed up very slightly and turned to rain. It is going to be one heck of a slippery a.m. when I go to work at 6. Oh well, time to practice the power slides...... :D <br /><br />AK Chappy

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

"52- 'Ski-doo' .. on 2 .. ready .. break!"<br /><br />can't wait for it here AKfishingnut. Sounds like a comfy evening in!<br /><br />good 'sleeping weather' too... :D

FSHKPR

Ensign

i hate winter its been just beautiful here and i know its gonna come to a screeching halt.give me 80 degrees anyday.

one more cast

Captain

I'm not crazy about winter either but I do like the changing seasons.Although one day I would like to move where winter doesn't last for half the year.

Ross J

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Still winter down here, we're waiting for summer to break through. The magnolias have flowered and broken out with fresh leaves which shows summer is comming, yrt its still snowing on the mountains!<br />I fired the boat up for the first time in 4 months and it roared into life as if it hadn't been left at all.<br />Planned to take the family out onto the Waitemata harbour this week. Going to need thick jackets though.<br />Ross

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by Bassy:<br /> Sure Boomyal. How much do you want?
About 15 degrees will do, Bassy! :D

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

LOL. I'll see what I can do,Boomyal.

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral

You can keep winter!!!!! I love summer and 80-90 degrees.If I want to go snow skiing I can get on a plane and go to it instead of it coming to me.I can live with spring and fall also,I just hate winter.I guess Long Island winters have finally gotten to me.Charlie

beezee28

Master Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by One More Cast:<br /> I'm not crazy about winter either but I do like the changing seasons.Although one day I would like to move where winter doesn't last for half the year.
You can always move to TEXAS. We have plenty of space for the 'snow bird' from up north. :) :D ;)

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

Yeah,<br />But then you get to miss out on all the fun stuff like THIS! <br /><br />AK Chappy