It snowed in Baytown! (UPDATE)

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral
Re: It snowed in Baytown! (UPDATE)

Great pics LF. Yall had much more there than we did.<br /><br />Ken

one more cast

Captain

Reminds me of when my sister's family moved from NY to GA. They took there tobaggon just in case and it snowed the first winter they were there. All the local kids had a blast sliding down the hills.

LadyFish

Admiral

LOL at OMC. Well? Have they used it yet?<br /><br />I don't even own a winter coat, never needed one. I had to wear my "West End Reebocks" aka shrimp boots to my daughter's house Christmas morning. <br /><br />And, as you can see from the pics, the kiddos didn't have proper winter clothes either. In fact Megan wore her brother Chase's Fireman Halloween Costume cause it was rubber and warm. :D They didn't care, they were just happy for to see, feel, and touch real snow for the first time in their lives. And, I was happy for them. :)

eeboater

Commander

No matter how many times I see that... its just weird.<br /><br />Snow and Palm Trees in the same picture.<br /><br />Does that kill them? How do the palm trees react to that kind of weather?<br /><br />Sean

LadyFish

Admiral

I think most of the palms will fare okay, but there are many plants that won't. The last of the snow is melting and I should be able to see what I've lost in a few days. :(

ob

Admiral

Palms down here have seen 10 degree weather and most faired well.Depending on the cactus varieties ,some can handle near zero and others don't survive a frost.I've got a cactus garden as well with most of the spieces being native of Mexico.They still look good.The freeze damaged areas of a cactus plant will turn black very quickly if they got bit.My begonias however are reduced to slimy mush.Just have to replant in the spring.

bubbakat

Captain

Lady fish you shouldn't loose any of your plants from snow. It is the freezing from the ground that kills them. What was the lowest temp it got there and was the ground froze. It will proably stunt your early bloomers but you should fair okay.