It has started!

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Went for a walk this AM.<br /><br />There is a native plum tree at the intersection of a couple of roads about a mile from home.<br /><br />It is starting to BLOOM!! :D

cuzner

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: It has started!

Thanks for the good news J.B.... just came back from grocerie store, 4 inches of snow already... more to come. Football all done, no hockey and I hate nascar.<br /><br /> Jim

one more cast

Captain

The only thing starting here is the snowmobile season, we finally started getting snow. yuck

fireman57

Captain

Crocus are blooming in extreme southern Indiana. Saturday the 12th between four and five hundred geese headed north over the farm from six to seven a.m. Probably get six inches of snow next week. Mushroom should be around April 5th, crappie around April 15th

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Mountains are all green and full of spring flowers. All of our almond trees are in full bloom and our plum and nectarine trees are just starting to bloom. It seems early to me, but Mr. Bassy says its normal. Spring is here.<br />Bassy

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

road salt gives great hues of blue and brown to the snow banks here ..<br /><br />I'm happy to hear things are starting to 'pop' tho.

cdivrmike

Seaman

It's just a beautiful spring like day here in Central Florida...75º today and it looks like I may have to think about cutting the grass someday..

LadyFish

Admiral

Spring has definetly sprung here on the island. The azaleas are all in bloom and I just planted my flower garden. It's hard not to get the fever with everything in bloom right now and all the nurseries loaded up with flowers, vegetables and herbs. We'll plant our tomatoes this coming weekend.<br /><br />My Mom and I have tracked the time I see my first Robin in spring its usually a month to the day that spring arrives in Upstate NY where she lives. I haven't seen any yet but she'll be here for a 2 week visit weekend after next and be able to enjoy our spring.<br /><br />Everything's blooming, the birds are chirping, fish are back in the bay...spring has definetly sprung here. :)

tcube

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hard to believe, but there were 5 robins in my front yard on groundhog day! While they may be a harbinger of spring - it ain't here yet. But, it's getting close. My willow tree is showing green hues.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Another sign. :( <br /><br />Thunderstorm last night unroofed my machine shed.

ebbtide176

Commander

dang JB hate to hear that. i would have thought all those empty beverage bottles thrown up there after the last 3 parties (while you were away) would have held it all down ;) <br /><br />but i noticed last week we're seeing some pinkish blossoms around here - wild cherry maybe?<br /><br />aha! i bet they're the ornamental plums, like you mentioned in tx.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

:( :( Ground is still fozen here. Snow back in the forcast for the AM. Good news though, I got my dock with shorepower today. It won't be ready till the 15th of April. I might be ready by then if the ice is gone. :p

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

JB Im confused by ebbs post. Shouldnt I be glad your roof is gone? This is the "GOOD NEWS NETWORK"<br />Surely with your posting expertiece [14601] you didnt post here by mistake???

ob

Admiral

Seems JB was trying to enjoy a hint of spring when all of a sudden,it was derailed by the other hand of mother nature. :( <br /><br />Hope all turns out for the better.It always seems to eventually.

ebbtide176

Commander

yeah, it could be a good thing - roof gone, getting springtime sunshine to warm up all that expensive eqmt housed under the shed :D

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

My daffodils are in full bloom and the peach and nectarine trees are blooming now. What the heck is this? Spring in February? Crazy!

Todd Humphreys

Petty Officer 3rd Class

White Oaks and Sweet Gum trees blooming, back yard is full of weeds. It looks to be time to weed and feed, that is between fishing trips for spawning bass. Good fishing

JustMrWill

Master Chief Petty Officer

Heard..then saw geese heading North!!! That made my week...gonna be 50* here tomorrow...can see (brown) grass on about 50% of my yard...its still light out at 6pm. :) <br /><br />Maybe if we are all REAL quiet...spring will come out and play! SSSSSHHHHH...don't want to startle em...come on..come on...it's ok..<br /><br />-JustMrWill

D

DJ

The citrus blossoms are out here. The air is thick with the scent. <br /><br />For you northerners, it's kind of like the bloom of Lilacs.