it doesn't pay good enough

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral
Just thinking on-screen here. Even though I'm a liberal and don't think much of our current President, I must admit that he's been dealt some pretty raw hands. First, there was 9/11. Then there was a war(albeit of his own making). Now, he's having to orchestrate a monumental rescue/recovery/rebuild effort brought on by Katrina. <br /><br />A national disaster, a war, and a national catastrophe. It makes me wonder why anyone would want that job - it doesn't pay good enough.

D

DJ

Re: it doesn't pay good enough

Troll!..<br /><br />All GWB's fault. He can control weather, calamities, terrorist attacks, etc. <br /><br />Just ask any liberal.

Twidget

Commander

Its a power trip. Not to mention being set for life afterwards. This isnt a slap at Bill Clinton, but he had never made more than 40k in a year before he became President. Look at him now. They have all taken advantage of it later, he is just the most recent example. <br /><br />I still remember a news story from the Carter administration. Evidenlty at first Jimmy Carter didnt want Hail to the Chief played when he entered the room That ended after he entered a room from one direction as Ted Kennedy entered from another and he was completely ignored. :)

txswinner

Banned

But not GW, he is our protecting us from evil, Bring It On.<br /><br />DJ You are the troll.

D

DJ

Oh, txs.<br /><br />There are two things I've learned about liberals and trolls. <br /><br />1. They will ALWAYS accuse you of doing just what they are doing.<br /><br />2. They profess lies as truths, with NO backup. But, I digress, and refer you to #1.

txswinner

Banned

BoatBouy, If it were not for our great leader George W. Bush, we would probably still be searching for Bin Laden and all those involved in the attack on WTC and would not have been able to show the world our military might. <br /><br />Before you go to bed tonight count your blessings and remember "Bring It On", "you are either with us or against us," and the greatest "The War is Over."

chugger

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Maybe I misread what he wrote but I agree with BoatBouy. I was thinking the same thing on the way home from work. As much as I critisize the president for the war in Iraq and other things, he's had to deal with some pretty big problems that developed quickly.

txswinner

Banned

chugger, I agree the President has been faced with horrible occurances, not all his fault. The WTC was certainly not his fault, and before some of my right wing friends jump in it was not Hillary's either. We got blindsided, should have seen it coming just like Pearl Harbor but we did not.<br /><br />I was behind him for the first time when he said Osama your butt is ours and we will use all force to get you. Then we deverted to Iraq. Way bad wrong dumb.<br /><br />Katrina is no way his fault and I believe he would like to not face it and wants the people helped. However, someone is keeping him from taking the proper action to divert the oil and gas gouging and for that he deserves only disapproval, shame and disrespect.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Right, chugger; and he will be blamed for all of them and expected to bail everyone out as well.<br /><br />My turn to troll: I just watched much video of hundreds, maybe thousands of people in NO who ignored the mandatory evacuation squawking about their situation and whining that relief is so slow in coming. DOH!

D

DJ

someone is keeping him from taking the proper action to divert the oil and gas gouging and for that he deserves only disapproval, shame and disrespect.
That "someone" is called "Wall Street".<br /><br />You're probably part of it and don't even know it. :rolleyes:

Link

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by Twidget:<br /> Its a power trip. Not to mention being set for life afterwards. This isnt a slap at Bill Clinton, but he had never made more than 40k in a year before he became President. Look at him now. They have all taken advantage of it later, he is just the most recent example. <br /><br />I still remember a news story from the Carter administration. Evidenlty at first Jimmy Carter didnt want Hail to the Chief played when he entered the room That ended after he entered a room from one direction as Ted Kennedy entered from another and he was completely ignored. :)
A lot of truth to what you said. <br />President Clinton being one of the few who wasn't mega rich before running for the office. <br />Its almost always about POWER. <br />Why else would rich people want such a crappy job.<br />There have been a few who ran because they thought they could do good and even one who did it for the same and hated the job. <br />It's my opinion that President Bush #43 not only Loves his job but puts what he thinks is best for the American people before popular opinion and politics. <br />Even though there are some issues I would like to hold his feet to the fire on. <br />I did not feel the same about his father #41 and did not vote for him. In hind sight I wish I had but, hey thats water under the bridge now :)

Link

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by JB:<br /> Right, chugger; and he will be blamed for all of them and expected to bail everyone out as well.<br /><br />My turn to troll: I just watched much video of hundreds, maybe thousands of people in NO who ignored the mandatory evacuation squawking about their situation and whining that relief is so slow in coming. DOH!
Two points<br />A: I just heard they are blaming Bush for not cutting back on co2?? <br />B: Your not the only one wondering about that mandatory evacuation thingie... DOH!

txswinner

Banned

On another thread our hard right winger said NO was flooded because the left wing liberals running the coutry and La did not make the levees stronger. And the gas shortage was their fault also for not allowing unregulated drilling. And I agree "The War is Over." Yes it is.

D

DJ

txs,<br /><br />I'm taking your ammo away. I won't reply to non-coherent posts.<br /><br />So long.

txswinner

Banned

DJ, I did not think it was you that made those stupid remarks in fact I started to write you and say look what some dumb... wrote and signed your name too. "Bring It ON" the WAR IS OVER.

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by JB:<br /> Right, chugger; and he will be blamed for all of them and expected to bail everyone out as well.<br /><br />My turn to troll: I just watched much video of hundreds, maybe thousands of people in NO who ignored the mandatory evacuation squawking about their situation and whining that relief is so slow in coming. DOH!
I have to agree that way too many people ignored the call to evacuate the cities in the storms projected pathways, however one must not forget that there were a very many without the means to do so, Thousands heeded the warning call and took shelter in the superdome, alas they too now have to be rescued and will now be transported to the Astro Dome in Houston.<br />Blaming 9/11 and natural disasters on Presidents, past or present only distinguishes ones penchant ignorance.

Realgun

Commander

txswhiner I think you need the job. You already abuse the 1st ammendment something terrible.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

I know, who would want a job were you get blamed for everything.<br /><br />Hurricane - Bush's fault<br />911 - Bush's fault<br />drought - Bush's fault<br />Global Warming - Bush's fault<br />Earthquake - Bush's fault<br />snowstorm - Bush's fault<br />Aids in Africa - Bush's fault<br />tsunami - Bush<br />gas prices - Bush and his father<br />Nutcase grieving mother - Bush's fault<br />Bombing in London - Bush's fault<br />tornado in Wisconsin - Clearly Bush<br />Iran making Nukes - Bush is behind it<br />North Korea losing its mind - Bush<br />Russian sub sinks - Bush did it<br />Trade deficeit - Bush<br />Steroids in Baseball - Bush again<br />A tree falls in the woods - Yep its Bush's fault<br />abortions down - bush did it<br /><br />Praise be to the government. yuk....