It’s a beautiful day/evening why are you on the forum instead of boating

wajajaja

Chief Petty Officer
Per the weatherbug/radar it is beautiful accross america tonite. not a cloud in the sky, temperature normal, why are you sitting b4 your computer?<br /><br />I be working nites/ whats your excuse?

wajajaja

Chief Petty Officer
Re: It’s a beautiful day/evening why are you on the forum instead of boating

I SHOULD USE SPELL CHECKER B4 I ADD TO <br /><br />It’s a beautiful day/evening why are you on the forum instead of boating? . Per the weather bug/radar it is beautiful across America tonight. Not a cloud in the sky, temperature normal, why are you sitting b4 your computer?<br /><br />I am working nights/ what’s your

gonfishn

Commander

My week days are my weekends...plus hardly any boaters on the water during the week..BTW what are you doing here on such a nice day..Can't stand not lookn in like the rest of us addicts..lol

James Bond

Seaman

Well, it's not so beautiful here...it stormed earlier today, and now it's overcast and windy.....and I'm fixing a seat that we broke over the weekend.<br /><br />We hit an unseen wake at night and by buddies girl fell into the seat and busted the pedistal mount....so I'm replacing it with a steel plate, it'll last forever now!

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

It's in tiny pieces, and it's "drying-out" over the hot wet Summer months...Too hot to werk on, and I'm too poor (off-season). <br /><br /><br />Click here to see "it"

Mr.Ladyfish

Master Chief Petty Officer

LF is at bunko and I'm bored so I thought I'd check in to what was going on.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Someone has to defend Democracy here... Dog-gone group of Conservatives... :D :p (don't ya'll get yer conservative shorts in a wad, i'm just kidding)....

brother chris

Commander

I'm with you wajajaja. I work afternoons so I can be on here all evening. <br />I love being the boss.

wajajaja

Chief Petty Officer

DAY IS DONE, AND SO IS THE WEEK, NOW TO GET OUT AND BOAT.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I am never far away.<br />I am always on. :D

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by 12Footer:<br /> It's in tiny pieces, and it's "drying-out" over the hot wet Summer months...Too hot to werk on, and I'm too poor (off-season). <br /><br /><br />Click here to see "it"
Gee Whiz 12Footer, that thing sit submerged for a year? I thought my boat was a mess. The boat doesn't look that old to be in that shape. Why don't you rig a tarp over it and keep the six pack in the fridge. You might get it done b4 winter sets in.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by wajajaja:<br /> DAY IS DONE, AND SO IS THE WEEK, NOW TO GET OUT AND BOAT.
Wifey&I had plans to pack-up the truck, grab the dawgie , and head for Miami this weekend. She has never seen the home I was raised in, and I was curiuous as to whethert it still stood, or was leveled for a cigar stand.<br />Then on my way to werk yestidy, the stinkin 'check engine' indicator popped-on. It figures. All last month, it was "water pump this" and "well that".... Now that we cleared that train wreck,allong comes another. So much for planz, huh?<br />There is something special to be said for spontaneity. ;)

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by Boomyal:<br />
Originally posted by 12Footer:<br /> It's in tiny pieces, and it's "drying-out" over the hot wet Summer months...Too hot to werk on, and I'm too poor (off-season). <br /><br /><br />Click here to see "it"
Gee Whiz 12Footer, that thing sit submerged for a year? I thought my boat was a mess. The boat doesn't look that old to be in that shape. Why don't you rig a tarp over it and keep the six pack in the fridge. You might get it done b4 winter sets in.
No, it's just in "mid-repair" so to speak. It is a Bayliner, so that should explain the condition of the wood that has been ripped-out of it (coupled with gross neglact , of course).<br />I did place a waterproof cover over it for the Summer, and have saturated all exposed wood that still exists with antifreeze (a superb pretreetment btw).. In a way, I cannot wait for Fall, when us Floridians are again safe to venture outside, and do stuff that requires raising our body-core temperatures lol.<br />She will be transformed into the ULTIMATE Caloosahatchee River Rat by next Spring or Summer. :cool:

wajajaja

Chief Petty Officer

well, so goes a long week-end, back in the saddle without gettin into the helm. had to put a new liner in the pool, twice, won't listen to that saleman again. <br /> pools filled if you noted the disaster in NJ today. but its going to rain all week anyway. <br /> should ve gone boating.

bomar76

Lieutenant Commander

I rolled our quadrunner (Bomb DS650) last week and broke a couple ribs. That thing is scary fast...too fast for an old man sometimes.<br />We went out in the boat Saturday and couldn't run over 45... it just killed my ribs. <br />I doubt I will be able to join the gang at Erie this weekend either.....

LubeDude

Admiral

Ok, Ill admit it, I fell out of a perfectly good boat, (on dry land), Wednesday last week trying to get out of it at work. Had to catch myself with my sore arm, (torn rotator cuff), and hurt my knee again also, so Im too sore to fish or I would be out there tonight. Im really in pain, got any good drugs???

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

Well, my boat is giving me fits still. I think I will just park her in the garage and start the overhaul. The person who had her before me did not take very good care of her. I was hoping to get one full season out of her before I started tearing her down. I bought her last August, and have had her out as much as possible. She was doing real well for awhile too. Oh well, time to spruce her up for next spring when we rent a camp site on the Ohio river. We plan to be one of the river rats with our own season long camp site, instead of dragging the camper/boat around from place to place.

gaugeguy

Captain

Right now its wood cutting time. I am clearing a couple acres behind the house to extend the lawn so my boys won't bust any windows when they are playing baseball. They still talk dad into taking them out in the boat a couple nights a week though ;)