FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Having joined this forum a few weeks ago, I find myself returning almost daily for another dose of boating chat. What do you think - is this forum addictive?..or do we just need to get a real life?
Having joined this forum a year and a half ago I find myself returning almost daily for another dose of boating chat. <br /><br />Does that answer your question?
Additive ? No not at all. I can walk away from this screen anytime I want. Just need to check the Merc repair section first before going to cut the grass. Wait, I think I made a post on Non-repair topics I need to follow-up on. Oh, can't go yet, I haven't checked the Stupid human tricks post for the funny story of the day. Since I'm still here I may as well check out the Boat restoration section for any tips on fiberglass repair. OK, I am going to sign out as soon as I look at Docside chat for any interesting topics of discussion. Am I addicted ? No
Reminds me of an Eagles tune...<br />On a dark desert highway,<br />cool wind in my hair,<br /><br />/la dee dah la dee dah/<br /><br />You can log out any time you like,<br />but you can never leave.<br />
I'm NOT Addicted ,...................<br /><br />But,.......<br />I Probably have a Severe Habit............. <br /><br />My Homepage is Still "My Ebay",....... Although I often considered changing it to the iboats.com forum listings............. <br /> <br />I Haven't,.............. Yet ,........
Not addictive - but it should have a health warning!<br /><br />Not addictive - but it should have a health warning!<br /><br />Not addictive - but ...... etc.
I find just about any forum of a topic I'm interested in addicting. I added it up the other day, I have around 30,000 posts in about 30 different forums. Do you think there's a forum for forum addicts to get help?
Addictive? Of course not.<br /><br />To be an addict, you would have to post over 4,000 posts a year for several years.<br /><br />Nobody in his right mind would do that.
I know that I'm not in my right mind because if I'm not here for a few days I start to wonder how these people are getting along without me. Then I log in and find out they are fine. Hurts my feelings but I still love the place.