Is this a rare silverline?

Snopro17

Recruit
I just picked this boat up and have not been able to find anything but a brochure from 1982 on it. I was told its a 1982 Larson Silverline. It has a owners manual and it looks like it has the 5.0L 230 V6 motor. I was just wondering does anyone know much about this model? I cant find anything on it. About how many years they made this model or who was the real manufacture of it. Is it rare?Screenshot_20230609_145628_Facebook.jpg

tpenfield

Staff member
Greetings and welcome to iBoats . . .

A 5.0 engine is going to be a V8.

You may not find much information, because the boat is 41 years old.

Perhaps rare in that how many are still left. :unsure:

Snopro17

Recruit
Yeah theres not to much i can find on it at all other than old brocures. Im not even sure who made it between Silverline/Larson/Arctic Cat

southkogs

Staff member
Look HERE. Good source on the history of Silverline. They were independent for a good number of years. Larson eventually bought the molds and held the brand for a while.

I don't know that they're very rare. But they're not common. A good following, but nothing that will be very valuable.

Nice boat. Welcome aboard.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
If you look at actual volume of manufacture, all boats are rare

However most boats, even if it's a one-off, doesn't make them more or less valuable than the next boat

southkogs

Staff member
^^^ That's a good way to say it.

Not the same as classic / rare cars at all.

southkogs

Staff member
None really. You can read about it HERE and a little write up I did HERE. When Silverline / Moorehead Plastics was struggling, they expanded through an investor to add a snowmobile line. But it didn't go too well. Arctic needed a facility for production expansion (IIRC) and so the partnership / purchase came to be.