Is this a good boat deal?

sofasurfer

Cadet
Driving around today and saw a boat for sale. $2000. I stopped and looked at it. Its a 24 ft, 1972 (At least thats the year of the trailer) Chrysler Cruise Liner cabin cruiser. Aluminum hull. It originally had twin 85 hp outboards. They are gone and replaced by a inboard 6 cylinder Owen Flagship engine. The floor is a little spongy in a couple places. The Sleeping area needs cleaning at least and probably replacing. I was told that its a slow boat but that it is sea worthy and has been out in very rough waters with no problems. It has some carb problems but I don't know what they are. He said it would probably start up with no problem. He said he would take $1500 for it. There is an electric winch on the trailer. It has a $500 GPS and a fish finder. Theres a big spot light on top.<br />Looks like a lot more work than I want now since I'm still dealing with my little 16 footer but I think if I could get him down to under $1000 I would jump at it. The trail ought to be worth $500 at least.<br /><br />Just thinking right now. Any comments?

JasonJ

Rear Admiral
Re: Is this a good boat deal?

I don't know about anyone else, but a 24' aluminum hull boat, running, with trailer for $1500 sounds pretty good to me. You could gut that thing and set it up any way you wanted, it would be a sweet rig. Going fast isn't necessary when you have something you could sleep in. I'd go for it, as long as that aluminum hull is sound and doesn't leak like a sieve....