Is there a street gang-related graffiti expert in da house?

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
I'm hoping there is someone, maybee DD, or any of the other police ossifers on the forum that can identify the gang by the tag they painted in the street a block away from my house. I'm going to quickly paint over it. But before I do, i want to take a series of pics,and post thme, in the event someone might come-forward to I/D it.<br />It's too dark and is raining right now, so the pics will have to wait until tomorrow.<br /><br /><br />"It's allways good to know the enemy better than the enemy knows you".(an old Sgt York quote) :cool:

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Re: Is there a street gang-related graffiti expert in da house?

Sidenote; Gangs are getting a foothold in this 6 traffic light town. They torched a carpet shop Monday morning, but they caught the little mutant, still reaking of exhilerant!
58.gif

D

DJ

Way to go 12'r. Why didn't you "light him up"?

bubbakat

Captain

12er post the pictures and I'll either ID them or can get it done. So many of these gangs are spin offs of bigger gangs and the tag may be a little different. Wer have one high ranking use to be ganger here that has changed to the good and he might he able ti ID it. If he can't I have other sources to go to.

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

Post the pics and see what they are. <br />Around here there are a lot of sets that have their own tags it is hard to keep track of. Your area may have their own too, but for the most part every tag has identifiers that tell the story. Between Bubba and I we will get what we can. <br />If the members are locals it may not even be a known gang, it may just be a bunch of punks tryin to look cool.

Dunaruna

Admiral

Wouldn't the local cops have a data base of these 'tags'? If not, why not?<br /><br />These gangs do something illegal and then leave an identifying calling card, no?<br /><br />Aldo

notinbig

Petty Officer 1st Class

There are certain symbols for certain srtings of gangs, like crips, bloods, etc. post'em someone will ID them I was an old gangbanger here in Minneapolis. No I won't tell ya North or South.<br /><br />HEHEHE :cool:

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Appologies for size and quality. It was about to rain again.<br /><br />
42958337.jpg
<br /><br />
42958448.jpg

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

42960503.jpg
<br />
42960706.jpg

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

42960750.jpg

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

Let your dog take a dump on it.

notinbig

Petty Officer 1st Class

The pitch forks are the key!

mattttt25

Commander

dual tridents!!!<br /><br />the neptunes... a violent south florida boat gang that steals old bayliners and tricks them out.

notinbig

Petty Officer 1st Class

I am going to guess thats a Vice Lord sign. I can't detirmine what there calling is tho.

Kenneth Brown

Captain

I'm finally in agreement with notinbig. Its a Vicelord or Latin Kings.

crab bait

Captain

you ain't lyin'..!! that's a street gang alright..<br /><br />right in the middle-of-the-road..<br /><br />probalbly an OG from the LBC.. gonna be a 187 soon..

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

It is kind of a mixed tag though. The numbers are not goth or anything special in design. They probably mean something, but the style is not very remarkable. Most of the Latinos in this area "the 8 tres, sereno 13's, Gothic 13's all use some style and flair with their numbers. <br />The star is also something interesting. I have not seen that one yet. The tridents are popular with several, but a star doesn't fit. <br />The back to back K's are also different. That is usually a white supremist sign, which doesn't fit with the latino notation padisis. <br />Also with the mix it looks almost like 3 painters. <br />Gangs usually used to use tags to mark their turf. They would paint like this on an intersection marking the start of their territory. Rival gangs would challenge or mark over these tags with their own as a form of counting coups or showing bravery of their set at entering the other territory unchallenged. This would usually be derrogatory writing like "crab" being derrogitory for Crips. CK or Calvin Klein for Crip Killa, BK or British Knights footwear for Blook Killer. This doesn't really show any specific identifiers. It almost looks like individuals messing around. Like the star and tridents, could easily mean B@stard you have a B then a star then a D. The tridents and the markings under could just be decoration. There is an M under the star with the tails making two T's. Padisis sounds more like a name than anything.<br />Around here in the last 9 or more years there has been some well respected truces. Back in the day the Bloods and Crips had a meeting and basically made a treaty so to speak. There is still a lot of violent acts with the hispanic gangs and the aisan gangs. The hispanic gangs leave tags, but they are usually close together and one symble or one picture. This you have is spread and not too uniform. The aisan gangs do not typically tag. <br />I may be way off base and completely wrong but it looks like a couple of punks together, maybe with weak gang ties, trying to make a name or trying to establish. One probably went to Juvey or to jail and came out with some friends and some ideas.<br />Here we had a group of upper class white boys got together and formed their own "gang". They called themselves the eastside white boys. They went to work tagging, mostly copying the style of graffiti they had seen around town but their own signs. It didn't take long before they crossed the Kings and decided the gang thing wasn't so cool after all. Then the Cereno 13's moved in and cleaned out the Kings. <br />I may be wrong but it looks like some punks trying to make it in a world they don't know. Your lcoal PD will probably have a database and knows what this means, but they probably won't tell you to keep fear and panic out of the neighborhood. <br />The city I grew up in had 3 major gangs active. Mostly it was a hiding place for those hiding out from the law on the coastal cities. The tags were up everywhere, the homicides and assaults were up, everyone had their colors and flashed sign everywhere, the police knew all of this and kept up on it. BUT the city counted on investors for new business and economic growth. The city leaders felt that if it was known that this city had a gang population and the gangs were sort of at war (back in the 80's during my high school years), the investors would pull out. SO the police were not allowed to tell anyone about the gangs. The police were not allowed to publicize the serious assaults and even a few murders. Other agencies (FBI, DEA, State Police) often made public statements about the problem, but this was always followed by a city rep going on the news saying there were no gangs in town. This made a perfect place to hide out. 2 years after I became an officer the city changed their tune and decided that instead of hiding it we would crack down and "run them out of town". By that time they were established and had their own little communities. <br />Anyway, I wish I had a definate answer, but this is my opinion. I will check the neighboring cities gang units and see if they have ever seen anything like it, but it does look like local punks playing a big boys game. They are usually the most dangerous because they lack the structure and rules true gangs have but they usually don't last long.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Time to purge our cities. There are more of us then there are of them. Minutemen of our streets. If it isn't time now, WHEN will it be?

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

This is amazing, DD! If I had told you a little background on the family who lived in the house this graffiti was in front of, I could maybee conclude that you put 2+2 together and got 4....<br />But , I did not give you any ---and you nailed it! No wonder you chose the proffession you're in,as you are sure good at it!<br /> <br />To explain now;<br /><br />There are three boys and a single mom living in the house, which I later found-out,was a HUD home.<br />She is 90%disabled, and they all live on a squeeze from the government. Two of the three boys are trying. They finished school, and are gainfully employed (well, sort of..They job-hop a lot, and remain teathered to mom).<br /><br />The other boy, the youngest, is a little monster,who just turned 18. He has been in trouble with the law since he was 15, at which time, he broke into my home, and my video survailence tape told the tale of his handiwork....<br />Seems he is a lousy thief, but has chosen B&E and grand theft as his callings anyhow.<br /><br />And to think, when these folks first moved-in, I used to take that little mutant fishing with me!<br />I feel bad for the mother, but I gather she is wired on prescription pain meds...She is in chronic pain, so it would stand to reason.<br /><br />I guess the youngest is back out of jail. They were supposed to keep him mandatory 4years for probation violation, but I counted about 6weeks. :rolleyes: <br /> <br />Thank you all for the great replies -- and DD, thanks for such an expert analysis! I can conclude, it is wanabee droppings from the 18year old, and this kid has made new "friends" in the Lee County Jail. I can also surmize, that his droppings are not anything organized (he really is an idiot at B&E)...That eazes my fears a bit.<br /><br />Saturday morning, I'm taking some haze-grey paint and a junk roller, and seal-coating this mutant's scat for good. If he does it again, I'll go to the dollar store and pick up some more NAVY grey paint...After all, it's only 1 buk per quart. :) <br />The message the grey squares will make (without painting any letters)is, "Gangs are not allowed in this hood".

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by NYMINUTE:<br /> Time to purge our cities. There are more of us then there are of them. Minutemen of our streets. If it isn't time now, WHEN will it be?
I only wish that were true. I'm a member (I.N.O. anymore), of the Lee County Militia. Everybody still freaks out when they hear that. Thier reaction to me when I tell them, is that they are standing before a cross between hitler and tim McVeiy (sp)!<br />Some day tho, political correctness will again be American-correctness. If I live that long, I will be ready.