FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 10 horse QD 16 Johnson seahorse with no spark. The tiller handle does not have the position indicator on it anymore so I dont really now what position the handle is in as far as the speed or starting position. Any help out there, Thanks
no kill switch, put the motor in neutral, the the throttle as far as it will go. that is the starting position. to kill turn handle all the way to slow, it should die.
The coils on those old motors are notoriously bad. If they are cracked, sweaty or discoloured they are garbage even if they spark. Have you cleaned and set the points?
I pulled the flywheel cleaned and checked the points put everything back together and had good spark. Thanks guys. This motor has been sitting for a long time and I'm thinking the next thing to fix will be the carb. I am sure it will need to be cleaned and probably rebuilt. Thanks again