FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Guys,
I was reading the Volvo Engin Manual for the steps to replace the water pump and they recommend the use of this tool. J41240. Have any of you guys done this without the tool and was it easy enough?
Re: Is the J41240 tool required to remove the water pump?
I have both the 2000 and the 1999 engine manuals in .pdf format and that number doesn't come up in either one. What is the manual number that you have that gives that number?
Re: Is the J41240 tool required to remove the water pump?
Just an update. I changed out the water pump and Impeller yesterday and it went well. There were a couple of "gotchas" that weren't listed in the engine manual. Mainly that I had to remove the power stearing pump because one of the mounting bolts for the water pump holds the PS pump. The only other issue is getting that dang bracket back on that holds the "Impeller pump" in place. That bottom bolt has to be one of the hardest bolts to get back in I've ever installed. Thanks for the help now on to my next project.