is my wife right?

jeffkrieger

Seaman
my wife says i am the only one that has more than 1 project going at once.presently i have a 1988 jaguar xj6 that is 90% done,a 1955 willys sedan delivery street rod 75% done,a 2006 ridley motorcycle that is done (for now),and a house we are remodeling after moving to florida from pa. last year.all these in addition to starting a re do on my wellcraft.so i ask you,AM I THE ONLY ONE WITH PROJECTS?:confused:

Smuggler's Blues

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: is my wife right?

To answer your question even before I read it the answer is YES your wife is right. Even when she is wrong she is still right. You should except that and go back to your garage and be happy you have toys to play with. At least that is what I do.:D

WIMUSKY

Staff member

^^^^^^^^Exactly what i was going to post.

Chris-R

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Your wife is ALWAYS right. Abide by this rule and you will never get divorced and live a nice life with the ability to play with lots of toys, go out with friends, etc....just like when you were a senior in high school and in college.

rbh

Fleet Admiral

my wife says i am the only one that has more than 1 project going at once.presently i have a 1988 jaguar xj6 that is 90% done,a 1955 willys sedan delivery street rod 75% done,a 2006 ridley motorcycle that is done (for now),and a house we are remodeling after moving to florida from pa. last year.all these in addition to starting a re do on my wellcraft.so i ask you,AM I THE ONLY ONE WITH PROJECTS?:confused:

No you are not the only one with multiple projects!

There is the home list, the honey do list and most critical your list.

(only problem is they compound very fast if you do not take care of them)

Robbabob

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Do the smart thing... tell her she's right and reduce your projects. You'll keep her and them and still be happy :)

metalwizard

Chief Petty Officer

She's wrong but only a foolish husband would tell her so...

You my friend are the first to keep his man card.

I have LOTS of projects. but my wife really does not care, I can do whatever makes me happy and the same for her..

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral

No She is not right, she is NOT even close to what some of us others do or having going!

:eek:

:D

;)

avenger79

Lieutenant Commander

one project going at a time? well you could tell her you only WORK on one project at a time. the rest are waiting for future ideas/parts/mods.

honestly I couldn't imagine only having one project going at a time. I can't even fit my projects on one page. LOL

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Words of wisdom......... ;)

"The way to achieve inner peace is to finish all the things you've started." So I looked around my house to see all the things I started and hadn't finished, so, before leaving the house this morning, I finished off a bottle of Merlot, a bottle of White Zinfandel, a bottle of Bailey's, a bottle of Kahlua, a package of Oreos, the remainder of both Prozac and Valium perscriptions, the rest of the cheesecake and a box of chocolates. You have no idea how good I feel!!!!

dingbat

Supreme Mariner

First my wife complained that all I do is hang out around the house and work on the boat so I started a small business and took a position on the Board of Directors for a 30K member fishing organization.

Now she complains that I spend too much time with the business and "your fishing club". Heaven help if I back the boat in the drive way. To remedy the situation, I just follower her around like a dog for a 1/2 hour or so until I get told to go find something else to do. ;)

partskenn

Petty Officer 1st Class

I've always been much better at starting projects than finishing them. But the other guys are right, the proper answer is Yes dear, Sorry dear, won't happen again dear....... Yeah right.

aspeck

Staff member

Jeff, she is SO WRONG! And you need to stand up to her and tell her so in no unconditional terms. Just tell her, "Honey, you know I love you, but you are so dead wrong. All good men have more than one project going on at a time!"

BUT, before you tell her this, make sure the cameras are rolling, cuz the ensuing lashing you are going to get will be worthy of a million hits on youtube! Besides that, we all want to see what will happen. ;):eek::p:D

Just remember, when momma ain't happy, no one is happy, now go do the right thing, whether she is right or wrong doesn't really matter, but her opinion and feelings do matter.

jeffkrieger

Seaman

thanks for the feedback.of course i will not show them to her!(not that brave or that stupid)i guess women just do not understand.she is a wonderful woman who has even gone so far as to recover the seat cushions for the wellcraft.to para phrase-WHEN THE QUEEN IS HAPPY,THE KINGDOM IS HAPPY:D

dingbat

Supreme Mariner

Sounds like a lot of guys traded their man cards for skirts and chapstick :facepalm:

DECK SWABBER 58

Lieutenant Commander

ROTFLMAO.

I always have multiple projects either in the works or the planning stage.

BUT....the lady I live with has more going then me. She said to stand up and be a man and tell your wife she is wrong. :D

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral

After 25 years of marriage, I found a little secret that many can use to remedy this situation, Always, Always and I emphasize ALWAYS make sure you start the project she wants done before the project you want done, then work on hers a bit at a time, and throw all your effort into the one you want done, heck it has worked for me, I am going fishing next weekend and the bathroom is "just" about done!

:D