Is every post a troll?

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral
Is every post a "troll"?<br /><br />In other words, do people post things to incite others?

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Is every post a troll?

Not all posts are trolls. IMO. Some are legitimate threads.

PatPatterson

Chief Petty Officer

I think ever post from Some Posters are trolls, but not every post.

SoulWinner

Commander

Ah yes, I agree Capt, Kidd. I never thought of it that way, but yes, I believe you are right! Every post by liberals is a troll of some kind! :D

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

SW that was a troll

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

then, are some posters trolls?

PatPatterson

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by pjc:<br /> then, are some posters trolls?
Would that make them a Poster trolling?<br />Or would it be a trollster posting?

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

40% of yall are LIARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<br /><br /> :D :D :D <br /><br />Ken

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by Capt. Kidd:<br />
Would that make them a Poster trolling?<br />Or would it be a trollster posting?
Nope Capt. That would be a trolling poster.

fixin

Originally posted by SBN:<br />
Originally posted by Capt. Kidd:<br />
Nope Capt. That would be a trolling poster.
and they put their drink on a trolling poster coaster :rolleyes: sorry

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by kenimpzoom:<br /> 40% of yall are LIARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<br /><br /> :D :D :D <br /><br />Ken
No one took the bait?<br /> :( <br /><br />Ken

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Said before I'll say it again, 74% of all statistics are made up on the spot.<br /><br />That having been said, does anybody know where I can get some TROLL POSTERS?

D

DJ

How do you make a rig to troll a poster? Er, maybe that question should be in the fishing forum. :confused:

Luna Sea

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I'M REALLY DISAPOINTED kERRY DID NOT WIN THE ELECTION, WE'D BE SO MUCH BETTER OFF IF............. ;)

fixin

A troll with high religious beliefs???<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />A Holly troller :D

LadyFish

Admiral

No Ken, every post is not a troll.<br />
2.gif
<br />A troll is not a grumpy monster that lives beneath a bridge accosting passers-by, but rather a provocative posting intended to produce a large volume of frivolous responses. The term can also refer to someone making such a posting ("a troll") or to the action ("trolling", "to troll").<br /><br />The content of a troll posting generally falls into one of several categories. It may consist of an apparently foolish contradiction of common knowledge, a deliberately offensive insult to the readers of a newsgroup or mailing list, or a broad request for trivial follow-up postings. The result of such postings is frequently a flood of angry responses. In some cases, the follow-up messages posted in response to a troll can constitute a large fraction of the contents of a website for as long as several weeks. <br /><br />Troll threads also frustrate people who are trying to carry on substantive discussions. <br /><br />People post such messages to get attention, to disrupt discussion, and to make trouble. The best response to a troll is no response. If you post a follow-up message, you are contributing to the resulting clamor and most likely delighting the troller. Before posting a response, consider the following questions: <br />Have responses already been posted by others? <br /><br />Will my post add any information that others are not likely to be aware of already? <br /><br />Is the issue resolvable, or will discussion turn into name-calling? <br /><br />Should I send private email instead of posting publicly? <br /><br />Will I later regret the contents of what I am posting? <br /><br /> :)