Is Easy Troller acting same as an hydrofoil

cloumar

Petty Officer 1st Class
Is a trolling plate like the Easy Troller to mention one, acting up the same as an hydrofoil - meaning it will drag in turns or it is set higher or farther on the AV plate and it will not affect the control of the boat.

Thanks

MC

EddiePetty

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Is Easy Troller acting same as an hydrofoil

Is a trolling plate like the Easy Troller to mention one, acting up the same as an hydrofoil - meaning it will drag in turns or it is set higher or farther on the AV plate and it will not affect the control of the boat.

Thanks

MC

Two completely different creatures here.
Both the trolling plate and hydrofoils normally attach to the anti-ventilation plate.
I would suggest a plate to adjust trolling speeds AND Smart Tabs to adjust trim.
FWIW....Ed in 'ol Virginny

cloumar

Petty Officer 1st Class

Two completely different creatures here.
Both the trolling plate and hydrofoils normally attach to the anti-ventilation plate.
I would suggest a plate to adjust trolling speeds AND Smart Tabs to adjust trim.
FWIW....Ed in 'ol Virginny

Hi Ed,

I know the two are different, but whenever the trolling plate is in the UP position while cruising with the boat the plate will make similar as an hydrofoil since is become an horizontal plate in the back of the AV plate.

I had a hydrofoil but I don't need it anymore, I need to slow down my trolling speed.

MC

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

troll in reverse. no it will not act as a hydrofoil.