Is a 21ft starcraft mariner too big?

JD in Milwaukee

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Is a 21ft starcraft mariner too big?

Glad you made it back ok. Nice buy with the 9.9 'rude. You'll be back on the water soon enough. Get it fixed right!

barato2

Commander

after reading two of those "sevl hundred gallons ran out when we pulled er" stories, i reckon i'll be ordering the 2000gph bilge pump tonight, and making the first step of any splash TEST THE PUMPS

matrob

Cadet

Barato2, we definitely tested everything before we went out, but these unforeseen events tend to happen to me all of the time. There was "some" loose foam in the bilge that plugged it. After removing the floor and old foam tonight, I'd say the halflife on that original foam was about 10 yrs. There are literall gallons of beads loose in that hull, mouse heaven. Tomorrow, she'll dry in the sun and get vacuumed and pressure washed out. When we're done I'll have a lot more faith in what's in that boat.

barato2

Commander

i wasn;t knocking you; sorry if it came across that way. just noting that there seem to have been 2 boats on here recently that looked and checked out OK but turned out to take on lots of water fast, so maybe the pumps (note plural) are more critical than a lot of stuff people worry more about.
good tip on the old foam.

these unforeseen events tend to happen to me
don't feel bad, my fishing buddy calls me a "Murphy magnet". recently cut halfway through my achilles tendon trying to keep my dog from running out the gate..........

matrob

Cadet

No offense taken, Barato. Just wanted to let folks know that proper preparation and inspection was a priority. I do plan to install 2 pumps in the rebuild, however. Thanks for keeping an eye on the post. When I get a chance, I'll be putting up some pics of the progress (or destruction at this point)