Iraqi Terrorist Execute Innocent After Helo Crash.

D

DJ

This is disgusting.<br /><br /> http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/news/special_packages/iraq/11455768.htm <br /><br />Especially this part:<br /><br />In the footage, which shows burning wreckage of a helicopter and two charred bodies, militants come across an injured man wearing a blue flight suit lying in tall grass.<br />As the survivor stands and starts to hobble at the direction of the insurgents, the gunmen open fire, shouting "Allahu akbar," or "God is great," with the bullets hitting his body. They fire more shots into his body on the ground.

mrbscott19

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Iraqi Terrorist Execute Innocent After Helo Crash.

I read somewhere that it was a Belgium crewman that was shot, not an American. The article said he spoke English, but with an accent.<br /><br />And yes this is disgusting, but they claim it was retaliation for a US soldier shooting and killing an unarmed, injured Iraqi, which we did do. If we can do it, why can't they?<br /><br />Either way it is disgusting. But neither is more so than the other.

gaugeguy

Captain

I watched the video unedited and it is pretty brutal. I guess he was a Bulgarian crewman from the helicopter. <br /><br />Retaliation for shooting an unarmed Iraqi, I hardly think so. They could have said they shot him in retaliation for it raining and it would carry the same weight with me.

D

DJ

And yes this is disgusting, but they claim it was retaliation for a US soldier shooting and killing an unarmed, injured Iraqi, which we did do. If we can do it, why can't they?<br />
I expected as much. :(

mrbscott19

Chief Petty Officer

can either of you explain the difference?

NYMINUTE

Captain

This mess has gone on entirely too long. Time to pull out and begin addressing the needs of this country. The economy is terrible, jobs are scarce, the SS is in serious trouble. Our elderly are being cast off like old shoes, and we have thousands of politicians, CEO's and Lawyers simply loading up on $$ at the poor and middle class man's expense. Bring them Home. :mad:

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

We all would like to see our soldiers come home, it is not going to happen, we will have to stay in Iraq with a substantial number of troops for a very very long time,just think of Lebanon in the seventies and eighties and multiply that by a factor of ten. that would be Iraq without US troops there on the ground.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by mrbscott19:<br /> can either of you explain the difference?
SELF EDIT: I don't even want to get started on this.<br />Yea, it was bad, but what do we expect out of them people? Not anything more than what they did.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Only one way to end all this ****.... BOMB EM'....... :mad:

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Uhh. the major difference is the Bulgarian was a CIVILIAN!!!!!<br /><br /><br />Ken

rogerwa

Commander

When was the last time you saw a Bulgarian pilot playing injured and covering a booby trap. Pretty damn big difference to me.. <br /><br />NYminute where do I start. None of the problems you list will be solved by bringing the troops home.<br /><br />Where is the world outrage when something like this happens. This is serial killer type stuff and yet it is treated with apathy. Yet when the ugly Americans do something allegedly out of step, which ususally compared to this is lightweight, the world trounces on us. The liberal media is the cheerleaders of the world and they are complicit in the whole crime.<br /><br />When you take a step back and look at it this ghastly act is really quite pathetic.. How much skill does it take to take down an unarmed helicopter and hunt down wounded civilian. that is like me beating up a 5 y/o and claiming how brave and tough I am..

D

DJ

We're being overtaken, from within, by the hate America first folks.

mrbscott19

Chief Petty Officer

I do see your point. The fact that he was a civilian was not computing at the time. That does make their actions worse. But did the insurgents know that? I don't think they knew the copter had civilians in it, but I also don't think they really cared. <br /><br />I can't say that I blame them though. If I were in the same position here in the US, I wouldn't differentiate between military and civilian. Especially if they had hurt or killed any of my family members in any way. Imagine that you're the Iraqi, who just had his house and his neighbors houses leveled by a 500-lb bomb. Everyone you knew in the area is now dead. And this was done by the occupying force that say they came here to free you, to make life better. What would you do?

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

alot of the problem comes from places like the blackwater terrorist training camp here in moyock. its civilians as "contractors" . these are not contractors. they fight for money and for the one paying. they are beyond control of any govt and fight for money. how do you ID a "contractor" from a civilian or other terrorist?<br /> I think its sad that anyone would shoot an injured captive. we did it. more than onec depending on the source. we also have detained,illegally, many people on a mere suspicion. heck we went to war on a bogus informants claim :) :) .not only was the informant being paid well by the US, he was lying and we knew it and attacked the wrong country anyway.<br /> I just need to see what our cocaine cowboy does once the democratically elected government gets together and nationalizes their oil and decides to sell it all to china or russia.<br /> rumsfield is a nut if he thinks iraqi oil will pay for the war due to the minor fact they did not ask for the invasion and afterall its still belongs to iraq.so how can iraqi oil pay for the war? its all to crazy and we will be there a long time. at least until the next election.

rogerwa

Commander

Rodbolt I'm not sure what color the lenses are in the glasses you have on, but they are clearly polarized.

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

Wake up folks we will be there for at least another 20 years if not longer,and it does not matter if we have a democratic or a republican administration, it is now a question of national security and national "corporate" interests.

D

DJ

The difference between us and them is that we don't murder people that are pleading for help and are CLEARLY not armed.<br /><br />We also don't hang them from bridges or drag them through the streets.<br /><br />The difference?<br /><br />Civilized vs. uncivilized.

mrbscott19

Chief Petty Officer

Of course not, we beat them to death while interrogating them, when they are unarmed, when it's 1 against many, then we pose for pictures. Say Cheese! Thumbs up! How many have died in our custody?? I would much rather be shot to death than beat to death. But maybe thats just me.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

mrb, guess i'm uncivilized, but time to time i sure would like to oblige your wishes as posted above. ingrate unpatriotic snivilin............

mrbscott19

Chief Petty Officer

ooh....a threat. Try actually posting something of substance. Threats and name calling are for people who can't hold their own.