introduction

stresspoint

Ensign
hello people of iboats forum ,
been looking around this forum for many years now and found lots of great info on boats i have worked on.
my most recent acquisition is a Maxum sr1800 now with a bastedized 4.3 ,my restoration thread is on THT , .
there is lots of good info there if anyone is wanting to do a build on a 4.3 alpha 1 .

i also have a 100 mph 17 foot stevens ski boat with a 500hp Vortec 5.7 .

looking forward to meeting some of the people here .

stresspoint

Ensign
thank you Alldodge for the welcome (y)(y)
guessing you checked the thread in the link and seen the dramas the motor caused me ?
i am looking forward to getting the Maxum out for a goods solid day on the water to see how it performs once the new motor has ran in a bit ,
so far i have only had a few testing days with all the motor hiccups , very impressive boat ride , handling and comfort .
i still have a bit of trim work that needs completing and another sand back and polish to make it pretty :) for the missus .
i was hoping for a 300 hp motor but it looks like i have around 260 out of that 4.3 ,IMO nothing to be sneezed at in a boat the size of the SR 1800.

i will be sure to update here once i get to use it some more , summers coming here and we try to boat at least every other weekend

alldodge

Staff member
Just scanned the thread, I'm a member over there just don't spend much time. Noticed bat wing exhaust mans and those are bad news

stresspoint

Ensign
i have been told the manifolds are a problem but only certain built ones , i must have a good set :) , i did test them for leaking whilst i had them off and they are solid for now ,
however i will make a point to drain them after each use in case the welds do seep as i have been told they do .
i intend to keep the internal anodes serviced , also keeping a close eye on them to be sure they stay solid , they do make good power as opposed to the stock pipe set up .
yea , i am going to move to here for my boat forum fix , this forum seems to more suited to my boating , + i believe freedom of speech is ok here "within reason" and not being banned because some rich boy (boat22) gets offended , i have been banned too many times for voicing opinion and people getting butt hurt on THT ,
:) this time i didn't even voice an opinion , i just posted a meme and got me a weeks ban.

hopefully i can share my many years of working with boats and help many here.

alldodge

Staff member
Here the rules are no politics, buy, sell and other things, there all written down in the stickies

Lou C

Supreme Mariner
Hello there, buddy we know each other from THT and 4.3 V6 trials lol. As far as batwings, the OE Mercruiser ones were problematical because they could not get consistent wall thickness, prone to cracking and water intrusion. However, I had the OMC version of the same design, maybe whoever cast them for OMC did a better job as I never had a problem with 3 sets of them used in all salt water. But I think you had the Hi Tek marine ones and I didn't hear that they had that problem (totally different design than the cast manifolds). I used the batwings as long as I could get them but they went NLA a long long time ago like a lot of OMC stuff so I changed it over to the later standard 2 piece design using Barr Marine aftermarket manifolds & elbows and V/P 90* exhaust pipes and hoses, all fit like a glove (they were probably designed by OMC anyway lol).