Introduction from Cadillac-ack-ack

Cadillac-ack-ack

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Obviously new to this forum but I am active in a couple of motorcycle forums and also some British car forums. Holy cow there are almost 5200 pages here on just the Evinrude/Johnson motor section! Nice activity! I've been working my way through, from latest to the earlier days of the forum but have decided I won't live long enough to comprehensively read them all... My boat is the 'old' family Cadillac. A 1957 14' aluminum job that was used hard to help the whole family learn to water-ski a long time ago. My motor is the family 1962 Evinrude 40HP Lark that, in the day was asked to pull water-skiers maybe five hr's a day then in the evening, troll at idle for another two hours 'till dark,,, and repeat. Last run 17 years ago for a couple runs and before that maybe 15 yr's or more, hopefully this Cadillac-Evinrude combo will sing again this coming summer. It will not have to work as hard as in the past, but kind of like myself, a healthy semi retirement with a need to still perform.

lindy46

Captain
Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you have a nice set-up. Those old Larks are great motors. If you have any concerns/questions/problems, you've found the right place. Lots of folks here willing to help.

oldboat1

Fleet Admiral
gotta love it. Should be running that rig up on Higgins or Houghton Lake. Polish it up, and post some pics.

Happy boating!