Intrduction

lilyperch

Cadet
I am retired at 59, from Chicago suburbs to SC Illinois 25 acre mini farm. I don,t hire anyone to do my work except drywall"LOL". I have saw mill and just finished cutting maple trees, sawing into boards, then plane, join and installed 1000 sq ft in LR floor. I found my current by accident 1989 Ozark 174 fish ski with Force 85 hp. complete rebuilt power head, lower unit. Motor runs fantastic. I have the tools and much experience except I have never done any fiberglass. This is my learning time for next year rebuild. I am building garage shop 32x54. Shop will be 22x32 all heated and insulated floor. Over winter I will finish interior. This will be my rebuild area. My demo area is a 30x40 old barn shed. Just today found 6 more old boats 4 with old motors no idea of condition all with trailers can get all for $600.
Right now I,ll do mine first then find out if I want to do more. I build furniture etc that is what mill and shop were for. This may be lucrative.
I see all the videos and tags for major work doesn,t scare me. I need to learn alot. What I don,t see are threads for putting it all back together.
Like my boat I hate layout and want to make new smaller consoles, pedistal seating, flip down rear seats, provide bigger fishing decks etc.
Big list lots of time.

Thank you ALL
Fantastic info and guidance.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Welcome to iboats.

From the work you have planned it sounds like retirement will be harder on you than working. LOL

We have plenty of start to splash rebuilding threads. And we don't mind helping out along the way.

Enjoy the ride!