Intex Seahawk 3 Motor Mount Reinforcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

HunterMabee

Recruit
Hey folks,
I have the Intex Seahawk 3, and ive purchased the motor mount from Intex. The issue I'm finding is my 44LB minn kota motor has way to much thrust, and I've yet to find a truly good way to reinforce.

I know some people will get 1/2" aluminum pipes and extend to the oar locks but I don't know if that will truly be enough.

Thanks

matt167

Captain
Hey folks,
I have the Intex Seahawk 3, and ive purchased the motor mount from Intex. The issue I'm finding is my 44LB minn kota motor has way to much thrust, and I've yet to find a truly good way to reinforce.

I know some people will get 1/2" aluminum pipes and extend to the oar locks but I don't know if that will truly be enough.

Thanks

That is what I did and it holds a Hangkai 3.5hp 2 stroke outboard at WOT although it's not what you really want to do.. The Hangkai makes about 1.5hp in actuality.

Keep in mind, I use a 30# Endura C2 to push a 1966 Starcraft Holiday 14 at up to 5 mph or so. 44lb on a 9'6" Seahawk 3 is a little overkill.

HunterMabee

Recruit
That is what I did and it holds a Hangkai 3.5hp 2 stroke outboard at WOT although it's not what you really want to do.. The Hangkai makes about 1.5hp in actuality.

Keep in mind, I use a 30# Endura C2 to push a 1966 Starcraft Holiday 14 at up to 5 mph or so. 44lb on a 9'6" Seahawk 3 is a little overkill.
Thanks for taking the time to answer, so you're suggesting getting some extra aluminium conduit and using that through to the oar locks?

matt167

Captain
Thanks for taking the time to answer, so you're suggesting getting some extra aluminium conduit and using that through to the oar locks?
Yes, it's that simple. Without it, the motor will pull itself under

ok so i hav an evinrude mate 1969 1.5 hp, so are u saying the mate and a hangkai 3.5 hp actually have the same power and the hangkai wouldnt b a 2 hp upgrade?

matt167

Captain
ok so i hav an evinrude mate 1969 1.5 hp, so are u saying the mate and a hangkai 3.5 hp actually have the same power and the hangkai wouldnt b a 2 hp upgrade?
Exactly. It’s a weed eater engine with a water cooled exhaust. It’s enough for an intex boat

Status
Not open for further replies.