Intex Mariner 3 -- small leak right at the floor seam, of course.

Racklefrack

Seaman Apprentice
In the attached picture is the leak I mentioned in the title. The little nubbin-looking thing in the middle of the red circle is actually the flap from what looks like the tiniest tear ever. I think it was a glob of adhesive or whatever they use during manufacturing and that the slat floor tore at it when I was putting it in or taking it out.

Before I contact Intex and start arguing with them about warranties and such -- it's less than a month old, used it twice -- I wanted to explore my options and get some advice. Has anyone have any success patching something like this so close to a floor seam, either from the outside or the inside -- or maybe both?

I'm pretty handy and I can see that *maybe* patching it from the outside under pressure from a clamp -- which I can do -- might help it hold enough to let the interior seam sealant work its magic. IF something like that might work,then what would be the best adhesive and sealant to use in this situation?

Thanks everyone!

leak_LI.jpg

Attachments

• leak_LI.jpg
    leak_LI.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 0

FvM4owner

Cadet
It's hard to really see in your picture but I also developed a couple holes near the floor seam that couldn't be patched and one right beside the rock guard rubber that couldn't be patched. I've poured some tire slime in there and rolled the boat around worked great no more leaks at all wonderful I won't even bother patching no more it works so well and it's fairly cheap and way easier

Fishcall1570

Cadet
I used E6000 on my factory installed holes. Follow the application instructions and its now one of the strongest parts of the boat. Its on the lowest point of the outer ring at the bow. It hits bottom first and has held up fine over miles of shallow river scrapes.