Interlux Brightside Recco

rennen

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hey guys and gals,<br /><br />I just wanted to post this thread with my highest recommendation for the Interlux Brightside paint products. I had previously read some posts about the paints' dripping tendencies and difficult workability for vertical applications. I had no problem whatsoever. I painted with a 7in foam roller, and did not tip it with a foam brush. The finish looked so unprofessional when I tipped it so I decided to scrap the tipping process. The temp was around 75f and the humidity was around 40%. <br />I also used the pre-kote primer (2 coats) and then two coats of Brightside.<br /><br />If you all are wondering how this product is, I would definitely recommend it and use it again!<br /><br />Thanks<br />Sal

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Re: Interlux Brightside Recco

I can see how tipping would not work well on Interlux. It tacked up very quickly. I just sprayed my bilge and aft compartments with Brightsides White. I thinned it about 10-15% with automotive reducer. I did two light coats, without primer, let it tack for about 20 minutes between each coat. I then laid it on real heavy for the third coat. No runs and it looks absolutely gorgeous.<br /><br />
1359.jpg