Intake Manifold for a Mercruiser 5.7L non vortec - non highrise

all,

I need some real help. I need Intake Manifold for a 1993 Mercruiser 5.7L non vortec - non high rise, but cant find one anywhere. everywhere i look says out of stock, obsolete or no longer available.

part number - 17620 intake manifold

does anyone have one they would part with or direct me to one.

thanks

Brian

Re: Intake Manifold for a Mercruiser 5.7L non vortec - non highrise

Archis,

Thanks for the link and sorry about the part number. that is the one my mechanic gave me and he was the one that specified non-high rise. maybe i have the wrong part number.

so i was looking at that one and it is aluminum, can it be aluminum or does it have to be cast iron like the original since this is of course for my boat. also, when i look at the 2101 and do the check application it tells me its for engines before 1986. one thing i failed to mention is that my boat is a 1993 which changes the bolts pattern. (sorry i forgot that). so i found the 2104 looks like it will do the trick but its is also aluminum. what is the drawback to this or does it really matter since it will be for a salt water application.

thanks

Brian

dan t.

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Just use a 86 or older manifold, grind out the 4 center holes make some tapered sleeves so the bolts seat squarley and bolt it on , it works, I ran a 66 327 manifold on a 92 305 for years. No leakage problems. 3 or 4 threads about this same thing, use your search

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner

you located where?

helimech2003

Seaman Apprentice

ive got one sitting in my garage not doing me any good. if you want it ill sell it to ya for 25 bucks plus shipping. it's off of an 88 sea ray 21cc that had a 5.7 in it non vortec 4bbl

helimech,

sounds good. can you verify the number that is stamped on the intake. specifically looking for the number that is 14096242 or 14096244. which one do you have?

let me know asap and we will work something out.

thanks

Brian

@ Bt Doctur
Location Tampa Fl

Thanks,

Brian

helimech2003

Seaman Apprentice

I'll check this afternoon and get back to ya.

helimech2003

Seaman Apprentice

Got some pics of it. I'll try to uplad em later

@ Helimech,

thank you for that. it just so happens i just returned from a fruitful 5 hour trip and was able to pick up 2 brand new ones. i was hoping to get home early enough to send this before you did all that work for the number and pics. sorry for wasting your time.

thanks again

Brian

@ All,

All - thank you for your help and advice during this ordeal of trying to find the correct part for my boat.

thanks again,

Brian