Installing Marine Carpet in Cabin

CPro

Seaman
I have a 1997 SeaPro 190 WA (walkaround) with a Mercruiser. The boat has some mildew on the carpet in the cabin and the carpet is starting to delaminate from the hull. Ideally, I would like to reupholster the whole cabin, including the ceiling, with new marine carpet. I was wondering if anyone had done this before - and if so - how they held the carpet to the roof while it was drying? I was thinking I could make some simple jack stands with allthread & use plywood plates to hold the carpet in place. Please let me know if this is a stupid idea...!

Also - the speedometer doesn't work. I don't see any kind of sensor on the outdrive & am wondering how to debug this.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you all might have!

Best,
Trev

oops!

Supreme Mariner
Re: Installing Marine Carpet in Cabin

hi....welcome to i boats......

most of the stuff in the cabin is headliner......different stuff than carpet....it is attached to a board.....then the board is attached to the celing.

as far as the speedometer.....it is a pitot tube assembly....

it mormally attaches to a pitot tube at the keel line in the transom.....if there isnt one there....look for a small tube that goes thru the transom wall......and clips on under the drive.

if those are good....look for cracks in the airline....pressure test it.....

if that is good......you may be able to take apart your speedometer... take your finger and spin the needle....you may un stick it.

cheers
oops