Installing a radio in a bass tracker pro team 170 or in any bass boat like a tracker

john15

Cadet
Has anyone here ever installed a radio reciever with 2 speakers in there bass tracker, if so where did you mount the reciever and place the 2 speakers, im haveing trouble with placement

bassfearmee

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Installing a radio in a bass tracker pro team 170 or in any bass boat like a trac

I have a 93 pro team 170. I installed the radio in the helm leg near the floor, as you're sitting in the driver seat it's the wall next to your left leg. It was a tight fit but I got it in there. I mounted one speaker on my right side, just under the throttle and the other speaker opposite side of the boat in the same spot, left of the passenger seat. There was about 4.5" clearance, just enough for a 4 1/2" speaker.

Re: Installing a radio in a bass tracker pro team 170 or in any bass boat like a trac

Here is a pic of how mine is mounted. Instead of using a key hot or ign on feed, I ran that wire to the accessory switch.;)

As you can see behind the bunny - :eek: - the speakers and the radios are all mounted to the console. On the inside of the console where the radio sticks in I used "L" brackets to support the radio using double sided 3M tape to mount them and to hold the wires out of harms way. I will get pics of that too.

Attachments

• IMG_0035.jpg
    IMG_0035.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 4

hjort jagare

Recruit

I did mine similar the radio is wired to the Aux. light switch. The last picture shows the horn button from our horn installation why in the world is a horn not standard??

Attachments

• DSCN3061.jpg
    DSCN3061.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 4
  • DSCN3062.jpg
    DSCN3062.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 4
  • DSCN3060.JPG
    DSCN3060.JPG
    138.4 KB · Views: 4

Hjort, that looks real good man. Here is an updated pic of mine, I changed the radio unit and put a weather cover on it. I can keep it closed and use the remote to operate it.;)

Attachments

• IMG_0025.jpg
    IMG_0025.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 3

hjort jagare

Recruit

Hjort, that looks real good man. Here is an updated pic of mine, I changed the radio unit and put a weather cover on it. I can keep it closed and use the remote to operate it.;)

Thanks I was thinking of adding a weather cover just not sure it will fit this radio? I have had this boat for three years now and it hasn't been exposed to any rain to speak of. Not sure if it means Im lucky or a wuss.:D

thaphillips

Cadet

I did mine similar the radio is wired to the Aux. light switch. The last picture shows the horn button from our horn installation why in the world is a horn not standard??

Where did you install the horn? I want to put one on my dad's boat.

hjort jagare

Recruit

Where did you install the horn? I want to put one on my dad's boat.

You can see the horn button in my third picture low on the dash. The horn itself is just under the console there is plenty of room. I did make the mistake of just picking up just a regular car horn and it sounds kinda wimpy.:redface: