Installing 6 speakers with around 100-150RMS/ea

LVNeptune

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I currently have an interesting setup. I am running a JBL Marine amp that powers 4 Polk Audio speakers and provides roughly 60-75 watts RMS of power to them. The other two speakers are being powered from the deck, currently.

What is the most optimal way to get audio to all 6 speakers (currently no sub but might add one in the future)?

I have no issues using non-marine grade equipment (deck and amp) as the area I am installing it in is away from the elements as well as it is not stored in the water and I only go out in Lake Mead.

Do they make decks that output to 6 speakers? Should I just get an RCA splitter and just add another amp? Should I remove the deck and get a 3.5mm->RCA split it and run it to the amps? Thanks in advance!

I'm not sure how anal people are here with not using "marine grade" equipment but please don't start a flame war because of that. I'm just here to learn and give/get advice. Thank you.

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral
Re: Installing 6 speakers with around 100-150RMS/ea

Some use it and others dont , the marine grade will last longer, but it depends on what it is and how protected its mounted.

LVNeptune

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Hey bud. Sorry if I wasn't clear. I am looking for recommendations for how I should connect my iPhone/iPod to 6 speakers with an amp and get 100+ rms output of sound. What decks/amps/splitter etc configuration would be best. Thanks.

OllieC

Chief Petty Officer

JL Audio makes an M400/4 series which has pre-outs. The Pre-Outs allow you to line-level connect to another AMP as opposed to splitting. Not knowing your JBL amp, maybe it has those as well. Then just add another 4 channel Amp. You could bridge two channels for a Sub and have one left and right for speakers 5&6.

I would run a deck that has iPod/flash drive capability, front, rear and sub outs.

LVNeptune

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Thanks. I actually didn't know what my AUX Out was for on my Amp. That makes sense now. I will check into that JL model and probably chain them together or add two more and bridge two speakers on each amp. Hah :)