Installing 2nd drain plug

quantumleap

Master Chief Petty Officer
Here's a ? I have regarding the hull of my fish & ski. The last 12 to 18 inches of the stern portion of the bottom is stepped up about 2-3 inches from the rest of the hull. If any water gets in the boat, it pools in the forward part of the boat and doesn't reach the drain plug(because it is located on the stepped up portion) I had to replace a portion of the ski locker floor due to water always setting under it and have now made it accessable to 'mop' out any water that may remain, but I am wondering if I could install a second plug on the back of the lowest point of the hull, which is 12-18 inches forward of the stern? As I stated, there is a flat back surface about 2 or 3 inches high where the hull steps up where I could place the drain. Would this pose any problems with performance or structural support? :confused:

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner
Re: Installing 2nd drain plug

I see no reason you could not install another drain plug. It will not affect the integrity of the boat at all. If you sell it, the buyer may be a little leary, but other than that, go for it..