FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I installed a water pump tell tell on my 1987 125hp force outboard, tested it in a 35 gal tote. no water came out but i could feel a pulse on the tube. Think I need a water pump?
How deep in the bucket did you get??
You need to be at least even with the top of the water pump or even deeper.
How old is the impeller? Maybe change? Just in case???
The impeller is about 4 years old and I had it up to the bottom of the leg, the stingray wont fit in the bucket. I figure it is time to replace the impeller. I just wanted to take my new project out today, but without water flow I didn't want to roast the motor.
Since the impeller is four years old, I would visually inspect it. And since you have to pull the lower to visually inspect it, you might as well replace it.