Inshore?

BugTosser

Cadet
When they refer to a boat and motor for inshore seas, how far do you consider inshore.<br /><br /> For a 16ft boat,I am thinking inshore is anything from 1 mile and in. I know it is all dependent on conditions but I was trying to figure out how others here view "Inshore" in terms the manufacture had stated in the manual.<br /><br />For me here in seattle, I use my boat in the puget sound, not open seas but can get rough. I use to have a 16 Glasply that I use to go crusing and fishing all over but never really thought anything of it in terms of distance. <br /><br /> Whith this new boat I was just reading some specs and started to really wonder about the articles they have in the brochure.<br /><br />This boat has a small draft so its good for lakes and fishing in shallow water but it also says it performs brilliantly in Insore seas. It has a modified V Hull.<br />This boat is the same as mine except for the helm layout.<br /><br />
big2-2.jpg

18rabbit

Captain
Re: Inshore?

Bug – Inshore can mean a couple of things; limited range (small fuel tank), and not designed for higher seas (rougher water). I would be concerned about the conditions I was taking the boat into and not so much about the location or the labels used to describe the boats limits. A lot of it is going to depend on your piloting skills/experience and confidence.<br /><br />The boat in the picture is something typically seen inside the bay, lakes, protected waters . But given your experience with tooling around in Puget Sound in a similar size vessel … go for it!!! :)