Inline 6 Fuel Problem

75TowerOfPower

Petty Officer 1st Class
Well I bought a new fuel filter and install it the other day. I got my impeller installed and I threw the muffs on and tried to get her going. Well I was in the middle of replacing a trim cylinder fitting so the motor was vertical. I cranked forever and only a couple of sputters here and there. Then today I got the T/T running awesome and I tried starting it on a tilt and it fired right up. So I was checking out the fuel filter and noticed the filter wasn't full of fuel.

So do I need to prime the filter or what? I replaced all the lines last year and at the end of the season the filter cracked. So now I am in the same boat (pun intended) and I was to run the filter just for a piece of mind. I think I can get it running with a straight line from the pump to top carb. I know my tanks are good since I replaced all the pick ups last year since they both broke off.

Could it be last years gas not letting it run? I did run it some earlier this year with the old impeller and ran fine. So I believe its the filter.

Any suggestions?