Inherited 55 alumacraft 16’

Quigger

Cadet
Hello I’m getting my dads 55 Alumacraft 16’. It’s in MN and I live in Texas. Down here a boat must have a tag to register and license it.

My question is, does a 55 have a tag on it?
Length, capacity, etc

DeepCMark58A

Commander
Yes it did when it was new, not sure now. The hull number should be stamped on the middle knee of the transom

DeepCMark58A

Commander
The actual tag would have been attached to the wood on the transom. The actual hull number is on a brace that goes from the floor to the transom. The number is stamped on the bottom of the brace. Minnesota is pretty easy to transfer even if you do not have a title, just the hull number and a bill of sale with get you a title.

Quigger

Cadet
The actual tag would have been attached to the wood on the transom. The actual hull number is on a brace that goes from the floor to the transom. The number is stamped on the bottom of the brace. Minnesota is pretty easy to transfer even if you do not have a title, just the hull number and a bill of sale with get you a title.
Fantastic. Thanks for the help

Quigger

Cadet
I have a photo of the hin and it looks like K2615. I don’t seem to be able to find anything on the internet for that number. I know it’s a 1955.

What else can the hin tell me?

DeepCMark58A

Commander
I have a photo of the hin and it looks like K2615. I don’t seem to be able to find anything on the internet for that number. I know it’s a 1955.

What else can the hin tell me?
You need that to get a title. Also you can email Alumacraft and they can tell you when it was made, other than that not much. Is is a simple open bow boat or does it have a bow cover and seatbacks?

Quigger

Cadet
You need that to get a title. Also you can email Alumacraft and they can tell you when it was made, other than that not much. Is is a simple open bow boat or does it have a bow cover and seatbacks?
It has about a 2-3. Ft cover on the bow. No on the seat backs.