Information on a mariner 9.9 s/n 08215321

Jon686

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Mar 25, 2006
Messages
15
I just bought this motor. The previous owner did not know the year model or could remember the gas/oil mixture ratio. From other questions on this forum, I think it is a 1992 and that the gas ratio is 50:1. If anyone could please verify these two things, it would be very helpful. Any information that I could get on this motor would be great.
 

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner
Joined
Jan 23, 2002
Messages
11,195
Re: Information on a mariner 9.9 s/n 08215321

Welcome Jon,<br /><br />Those Mariners are hard to peg the year on, at least for me. I can tell you that the fuel/oil mixture is 50:1. 1 pint of TCW-3 oil per 6 gallons of gas.. Here is a link to models. Somewhat German, but no problem.<br /><br /> web page <br /><br />Click on "Modellguide" up on the right, then Mariner, then 9,9-20Hk. You will do as good as I can. Good luck with the new motor and let us know if we can help you with any other questions about her....
 

Jon686

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Mar 25, 2006
Messages
15
Re: Information on a mariner 9.9 s/n 08215321

I guess that the s/n 08215321 would fall in D082000 category right? My german is a little bit rusty (LOL). I could not find any letters in front of the numbers in the s/n. All of the websites that show the yr. model always have a D in front. Is that standard for this motor?
 

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner
Joined
Jan 23, 2002
Messages
11,195
Re: Information on a mariner 9.9 s/n 08215321

I was thinking that it may be older than you think and that the first 3 numbers might be the "682" code. But if you are sure of the numbers and it starts with a "0" and is around a 92' model, that knocks out that theory.....
 

Jon686

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Mar 25, 2006
Messages
15
Re: Information on a mariner 9.9 s/n 08215321

Well the s/n is pretty good on this one. The only things that gets me is that I can't get any of the s/n's to match up with it on the web sites. It looks to be about a '92 model, I guess. That's close to what the original owner was guessing. Thanks.
 

AMD Rules

Lieutenant Commander
Joined
Sep 23, 2004
Messages
1,707
Re: Information on a mariner 9.9 s/n 08215321

Any chance your motor was manufactured in Australia? Mercury used serial numbers starting with an "8" ie. 8051350. I don't have an australian cross-reference list up to 1992 but someone else might.
 

T_I_M

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Joined
Apr 9, 2005
Messages
80
Re: Information on a mariner 9.9 s/n 08215321

Could that 8 be a B ? If it is you have a 1987 MARINER 9.9 M for 0B215321
 

Jon686

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Mar 25, 2006
Messages
15
Re: Information on a mariner 9.9 s/n 08215321

I'll check it again.
 

Jon686

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Mar 25, 2006
Messages
15
Re: Information on a mariner 9.9 s/n 0B215321

Re: Information on a mariner 9.9 s/n 0B215321

That's what it was, TIM thanks for your help.
 
Top