Info on Merc 90 HP Power Trim OB

ncryders

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 14, 2008
Messages
12
Can someone help with figuring out exactly what engine this is. The only number I can find is A0968823 (I think). The guy I got it from said is was a 1986 2 cycle. It's on the back of a 1986 Ebbtide Montego, so the year sounds right...just want to make sure.

A few other questions I have are...
What is the correct gear oil and how much will it hold.
Correct gas / oil mixture...
Thanks for any help
 

Laddies

Banned
Joined
Sep 10, 2004
Messages
12,218
Re: Info on Merc 90 HP Power Trim OB

It's a 1986 engine
It's a 50 to 1 oil ratio
21 oz. of gear lube
 

ncryders

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 14, 2008
Messages
12
Re: Info on Merc 90 HP Power Trim OB

Thanks. Does the number I gave sound correct ? How do you read these.
Also, I assume I need standard lower unit gear oil... 90W ?
Thanks again.
 

Laddies

Banned
Joined
Sep 10, 2004
Messages
12,218
Re: Info on Merc 90 HP Power Trim OB

Actually you inverted a couple digits it OA not AO and it uses Mercury Super Duty gear lube or at lest it's equivalent
 
Top