Indmar Raptor Crank Sensor & Cam Sensor Faults

Super frustrated and wondering if anyone has ideas. I have a 2017 Sanger V237 with an Indmar Raptor 6.2L 400. I keep getting the following errors at random times:

1) SPN 636 Crank Sensor Fault - FMI 8 CKP/CMP No Sync at Start
2) SPN 723 Cam Sensor Fault / FMI 2 - Cam Signal Noise

I've ensured battery terminals are tight, replaced the crank sensor and even replaced the ECM. I still get the codes and the shop is out of ideas. Sometimes, but not all the time, the codes trigger when I hit a wave. There is nothing wrong with the boat, it runs fantastic. When codes trigger I turned off the batteries to reset the system, and then it's fine (until codes trigger again). Sometimes they don't trigger at all. It's driving me crazy!

Any thoughts? Thank you, Tim

Fun Times

Staff member
Don't have a service manual to confirm but generally I believe those 2 sensor circuits share the same grounding wire circuits.

Make sure the small grounding for the ECM usually at the rear of the engine are really good, clean tight, not damaged, etc.... Plus check the wires at each sensor (find the colors too) and visually inspect them up/as far as you can up towards the ECM and ohm check them using multimeter between the ECM and sensors.

Bondo

Staff member
ensured battery terminals are tight,

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,..... Ya gotta clean, 'n keep tight the other end of those cables too,......

The ground cable to the block connection is suspect in yer case,.....

Don't have a service manual to confirm but generally I believe those 2 sensor circuits share the same grounding wire circuits.

Make sure the small grounding for the ECM usually at the rear of the engine are really good, clean tight, not damaged, etc.... Plus check the wires at each sensor (find the colors too) and visually inspect them up/as far as you can up towards the ECM and ohm check them using multimeter between the ECM and sensors.
Thank you so much. Appreciate it.

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,..... Ya gotta clean, 'n keep tight the other end of those cables too,......

The ground cable to the block connection is suspect in yer case,.....
Ok, thank you. Printing this all out. Appreciate it. Tim.

Bit more info from the manual
Is the Tach showing rpm when cranking?

View attachment 335901
I can see on the error reports it's reporting RPMs in the freeze frame data at the time of the code (e.g,. 137 RPM, 3530 RPM). Though, unsure if that's the same thing as above. I'll have to watch closely, but the above description makes sense. Appreciate the tip.