Impeller Location 5.0 MPI

xenus7850

Cadet
Just boat a 2004 Rinker 290, with twin 5.0 MPI engines. I looked for a bit, but cant seem to see where the water pump and impeller are on these engines. I have several questions, so any help would be appreciated.

1. Location of the Impeller?
2. Time it should take to replace the impeller?
3. Where can I find an owners manual / repair manual for this engine?
4. What is the normal operating temp for a 5.0 MPI?
5. Is there anywhere online to get the manual for free or for a fee?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Fun Times

Staff member
Re: Impeller Location 5.0 MPI

Just boat a 2004 Rinker 290, with twin 5.0 MPI engines. I looked for a bit, but cant seem to see where the water pump and impeller are on these engines. I have several questions, so any help would be appreciated.

1. Location of the Impeller?
2. Time it should take to replace the impeller?
3. Where can I find an owners manual / repair manual for this engine?
4. What is the normal operating temp for a 5.0 MPI?
5. Is there anywhere online to get the manual for free or for a fee?

Thanks in advance for your help.
What style stern drive do you have? Alpha or bravo

xenus7850

Cadet

It is a bravo III. I got the answer I needed with finding the manual, thanks for your help. The only thing I dont know at this point, which I am sure that it is in the manual, but finding it is a whole different store, what is the operating temp on a 5.0 B3?

Fun Times

Staff member

It is a bravo III. I got the answer I needed with finding the manual, thanks for your help. The only thing I dont know at this point, which I am sure that it is in the manual, but finding it is a whole different store, what is the operating temp on a 5.0 B3?
You have a 160* degree thermostat in the engine, So you really do not want to see any thing over 175* on the temp gauge while running.