Im Still Heeeerrrrreeee

Ron G

Commander
Re: Im Still Heeeerrrrreeee

IM glad yall are okay good to here from you.

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

Great to hear you made it.<br />I'll bet you were like that one legged guy in Forest Gump- up on the mast of your boat challenging the storm....

dolluper

Captain

Glad to hear your alive and well,maybe the Canadian troops that are there now can help on the rebuild.

LadyFish

Admiral

THANK GOD!!!! :) <br /><br />I've been worried about you for the last 2 weeks. So glad you made it. I realize you have your work cut out for you for the next however many months, but at least your safe and your home is repairable.<br /><br />We've all been praying for you and your family.<br />Thanks for checking in the minute you were able, I'm sure it was the last thing on your mind.<br /><br />We will all rest a whole lot better now knowing your safe.<br /><br />Good luck, pop in when you can and let us know your progress. Holler at us if you need anything.

ehenry

Commander

Great to hear from you ReelPoor. HOpe all your family came through the storm ok. We've been thinking about you.

SoulWinner

Commander

I second what the rest have said. I also have a question; I had a friend that lived at 2218 18th Street, last name Irby. Do you know if that street was hit hard? Did the tital surge make it that far? I have heard through another person that Mr Irby is alive, thank God, but I still can't contact them and was wondering if they still have a house.<br /><br />Once again, we are thankful that you made it.

KaGee

Admiral

Another prayer answered. Thank God. So glad you are safe. <br /><br />
<br />Deut 33:25<br />... as your days, so shall your strength be.<br />(NKJ)
May you find new strength today and everyday until you are back in your home. Blessings to you.<br /><br />Still waiting for Stratos 175 to check in.

vipzach

Lieutenant

RP, it is great to here from you!!!! You have relieved many of us!!!! If there is anything we can do to help, please ask! I would do my best to try and help out.

ChaosDad

Seaman Apprentice

Reel Poor,<br />Two supply drops in your area already, the last this past Sat. evening. Working on another in about week and half, maybe the weekend of the 24th,<br />Just let me know if you need anything special or what ya need. Things are getting back on line down there, albeit a litte slow.<br />Glad you guys are OK,,,<br />and please..let me know what you need.<br />Dwight.

Drowned Rat

Captain

Ditto ReelPoor. I hope everything goes well for you with the rebuild. :)

QC

Supreme Mariner

Yeah, RP. Great news. Keep up the updates when you can.

JasonB

Lieutenant

Glad to hear from you RP. Echoing KaGee, hopefully 175 can check in soon.<br /><br />Stuff can be fixed or replaced. People can't.

carrotsnapper

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'm really glad you're ok. I hope all goes well for you and yours. Hope that nice boat survived as well. Good luck. Mark.

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

posted by rosco<br />OK, motorhome functional, house damaged.<br />What about the truck and boat?
The truck and the boat are fine. The tops and side curtins on the boat were damaged but they were coming due for replacement anyway. Now its an insurance thing. ;) <br /><br />
posted by Lady fish<br />We've all been praying for you and your family.<br />Thanks for checking in the minute you were able, I'm sure it was the last thing on your mind.<br />
Actually Ms LadyFish it was on my mind quite a bit because I didnt want anyone worring, because my family and myself were fine. Thanks for the prayers and concern. Rest easy. :cool: <br /><br />
Posted by Soulwinner <br />I also have a question; I had a friend that lived at 2218 18th Street, last name Irby. Do you know if that street was hit hard? Did the tital surge make it that far?
The surge did not make it that far north. The area was hit quite hard as that is very close to the beach. I am not sure about condition of Mr Irbys address but I am doing clean-up in the finicity and I will do my best to check it out for you and let you know. I think I also know Mr Irby. Is he the uphoulstry man. If so, my dad is real good friends with him. I am doing clean-up for Sawyer Properties at the corner of 14th st and 25th ave where they had about 4 1/2 feet of water and about a 14 foot piece of peir and piling from Gulfport Harbor in the building. Just one block north of that location, in another building we cleared, about 18 inches of water.<br /><br />
posted by ChaosDad <br /> Reel Poor,<br />Two supply drops in your area already, the last this past Sat. evening. Working on another in about week and half, maybe the weekend of the 24th,<br />Just let me know if you need anything special or what ya need. Things are getting back on line down there, albeit a litte slow.<br />Glad you guys are OK,,,<br />and please..let me know what you need.<br />Dwight.
Thanks alot Dwight for the supply drops I am sure whoever recieved the goods you donated greatly appreciated them. As for myself and my family we are doing great and "NEED" for nothing. If you are personaly coming into town let me know and I will be glad to meet up with you. My bussiness is located on Hwy 49 2-1/2 miles north of I10, its Ricks Auto Repair,would be great to hear from you.<br /><br />
posted by KaGee<br />Still waiting for Stratos 175 to check in.
If anyone knows his name or a way to contact him I will be glad to give it my best shot.<br /><br /><br />Things are getting better every day that goes by. Help is coming in from EVERYWHERE. No more gas lines, some of the city and community water is drinkable again. The city sewage system is partially back online, stores are reopening with decent supplies, spirits are high, and there is a lot of direction and some misdirection, for the most part thing are looking up. :) <br /><br />I sure do miss being able to get on iboats and read through all the topics. Man these 15 hour days are He!!, but necessary for now. <br /><br />Ill also tell you the pictures you guys may see just dont tell the real depth of the distruction. Its unreal, you just cant imagin unless you see it with your own eyes, and the smell is, well to say the least, its awful . I have many friend that lost a lot, and some that lost EVERYTHING.<br /><br />Ill do my best to keep you all updated with the progress. Thanks again and again for all you have done and will still do as many poeple still need your help. If anyone out there has not done something to help the poeple caught up in this disaster, please do something, anything, because there are people between New Orleans and Mobil and far to the north who despritely need your help. The larger areas are recieving help but there are isolated areas that are not faring so well.<br /><br />See yall as time allows.

islandboat

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Glad to here that you made it Reel Poor. Did you ride it out at your house? I did. I won't do that again. Have you been down Highway 90 yet? My wife lost her uncle from the surge and we lost a couple from the company that I work at. <br />This storm has set a new standard. It caught many people unprepared.

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

Originally posted by trophy175:<br /> Glad to here that you made it Reel Poor. Did you ride it out at your house? I did. I won't do that again. Have you been down Highway 90 yet? My wife lost her uncle from the surge and we lost a couple from the company that I work at. <br />This storm has set a new standard. It caught many people unprepared.
yes and yes Sorry to hear about your wifes uncle and the couple from work. We stayed about 9 miles north of the beach on Hwy 49 and faired ok if you discount the tree thru my roof. Im working downtown Gpt cleaning up for Sawyer Realty. <br /><br />Look me up sometime, posted my business name in my previous post. Good luck and dont drink the water :D

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Great to hear from you Trophy.<br />Hope you all are getting along ok, and that you and yours are safe..<br /><br /><br />Reel Poor, Trophy175 must live real close to your shop.<br />In the thread posted the night before the storm, he said he was 2 miles south of your home location.<br /><br />Originally posted by Trophy 175: <br />"Hey Reel Poor, I'm only about 2 miles south of you. I felt bad for the guys way up north that had short boating seasons due to the cold weather, but I guess this makes up for our year round boating season.<br />Got my boat on the north side of the house. If the house makes it, I hope the T-top can handle 130 mph winds. I know it will handle 70 mph, but 130mph is another ballgame. I'll be watching the boat through a 4" hole in the boards covering our windows. <br />We already have 40' sees where I was fishing last week and the storm is still 10 hours away."<br /><br /><br />I think a few people have mistaken him for stratos175