I'm on Vacation too!

eeboater

Commander
T-Minus 4 days and counting!!! I'm heading out Friday morning at 6:30 am. Flying up to Anchorage Via Minneapolis. I can't wait. Alaska has been a place I've always wanted to go to and this really is going to be a once-in-a-lifetime trip as I don't anticipate that I'll ever return. There just are too many other places to visit.<br /><br />But, to be able to say I have physically seen the tallest mountain in North America... that's notch in the bedpost I can't complain about.<br /><br />Not to mention we'll be travelling via RV all around Alaska for 11 days. I'm pumped!!<br /><br />Sean

fireman57

Captain
Re: I'm on Vacation too!

Hope you have a great trip and it's better than you thought it would be.

gonfishn

Commander

Was in Alaska quite a few years ago..The sights will be awesome..Get some shots for us..be safe..

FSHKPR

Ensign

have a good e someday i hope to see that state too. always heard its beautiful

NOSLEEP

Commander

You will be passing through some of my old stomping<br />grounds. Enjoy the scenery it dont get much better.

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

My parents did the RVing in Alaska for 2 weeks a few years ago. You sure are in for a treat! Have a great time and be safe. You're headed into some real wilderness. Have your camera charged up and ready with film at all times.<br />Bassy

eeboater

Commander

Thanks everyone! I really can't wait. I have my 100% DEET Spray ready for the hybrid sparrow/mosquitos. <br /><br />Sean

LadyFish

Admiral

WOW :eek: sounds like a really exciting trip eeboater.<br /><br />Beautiful country and wildlife, still so pristine. :)

jimalsk

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Double E the weather here today is partly cloudy,39 degrees this morning. The weekend should be a good one. The Moose are calving right now, I saw a few new borns last week and the bears are out and about with there new borns,just so happened to walk up on a brown bear sow and cub Saturday while working. If you are going through Sutton in the RV blow the horn, I'll know who it is.

eeboater

Commander

Hey Alaska...<br /><br />39 DEGREES?!?! :eek: :eek: <br /><br />What part of AK are you in?<br /><br />Sean<br /><br />Edit: also, awesome on the Moose. My wife is going to love to hear that they are calving right now.

dolluper

Captain

Don't despire 39 is in the shade Be very cafefull of the animals with youngins Take lots off pic's pretend your chinnie tie down your garbage cans and have fun It will wow you everyday

NYMINUTE

Captain

Please share the experience when you get back ee. From all we hear, it is a terrific adventure.<br />Have a great trip.

eeboater

Commander

Will do NYM... I'm thinking that the Alaskans are used to the scenery up there.. but I'm going to take it allll in!

jimalsk

Petty Officer 2nd Class

EE the part your going to,60 miles north of Anchorage,on the Glen Hwy. Don't fret it warmed up to 65 today. Don't forget your rain coat. One minute sunny next thing you know it's raining. Oh yea EE we never get use to the scenery up here.

OLDSPUD

Petty Officer 1st Class

fished the Keni a couple times, been on the Russian, and out off Anchor Point,<br />What parts are you heading to?<br /><br />Caught the biggest fish(s) in my life.<br /><br />If you get a chance, take a bush plane tour,<br />amazing.<br />Have fun

eeboater

Commander

Well our itinerary is as follows:<br /><br />The day after we get there were travelling down to Whittier to take the 26 Glacier tour.<br /><br />Then, we are travelling up to Kenai via Sterling. <br /><br />Next, it is up to Denali where we'll be spending several days up there. Going on a bus tour in Denali (from what I heard thats the only way to get in?).<br /><br />While we're up in Denali, we're going to take a trip to Fairbanks and check out that city.<br /><br />Before we leave Denali, we're taking a Jeep tour where we all get our own Wrangler and drive off-road. (I can't wait for that)<br /><br />Then we are going to head back to Anchorage via Willow.<br /><br />Sean

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

EE,<br />Hmmmm,<br />You gonna be here for 11 days, starting on the 10th.<br />When you gonna be in Willow?<br />Got time for a 1 day fishing trip?<br />I am hitting the Deshka river on the 16th and 17th (Deshka Landing is right there in Willow). ;) Trying to talk the wife into letting me hit it again on the 18th, but she wants to do a yard sale, and all this prep for moving stuff.<br />Let me know if you are interested.<br /><br />P.S. if you need more convincing. Here is the counter numbers link. 7 miles up river.<br /> Deshka River Fish Count <br /><br />AK Chappy

eeboater

Commander

Hey Chappy!<br /><br />Thanks for the offer, but my stepmom has our agenda pretty much booked for the whole trip. She's good like that. So, unfortunately I don't think there will be time to pry myself away. Besides, not too sure Mrs. Eeboater would be up for it. And as you know (from the yard sale ;) ) One has to keep tha Misses happy!<br /><br />But thanks for the offer!!! I will be sure to honk the horn as I come into Willow! We're going to stay at the Mat-Su Valley RV Park on the 16th-17th getting there late on the 16th.<br /><br />Sean

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

What kind of camper do you have reserved? I will stop by on the way out and say hello. I will be driving back to Anchorage between trips. I am taking different people with me both days. On the 16th it will be me and the brother I never had. The 17th, I should have my whole family. My wife may or may not go that day.<br />Do you know what the number of the camping spot you have reserved is?<br /><br />AK Chappy