I'm making the big bucks now!!

tylerin

Commander
Or at least my wife must think so.LOL....she quit her job today. Well good for her she's been working her but off since she graduated from SD State in 86. I don't want to hear "Leave me alone I'm tired" anymore though. ;)

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Re: I'm making the big bucks now!!

Originally posted by tylerin:<br />I don't want to hear "Leave me alone I'm tired" anymore though. ;)
Be sure to keep us up to date on that one, won't ya tylerin? ;)

Link

Rear Admiral

Hey guys.. this is a family forum.. well ok so Tylerin might have a bigger family now ;)

NYMINUTE

Captain

It sounds like headache season. Runs from January to December. No license required, void where prohibited.

gaugeguy

Captain

So now Steph is going to get up at 4 am and feed the horses? You lucky dog, you ;)

tylerin

Commander

Originally posted by gaugeguy:<br /> So now Steph is going to get up at 4 am and feed the horses? You lucky dog, you ;)
Chickens, dogs, cats, fish. (contrary to popular belief, no gerbils)

gaugeguy

Captain

Cool, you'll be able to sleep in mornings now, that is awfully kind of her.

LadyFish

Admiral

Yup, that 'honey-do' list just got a whole lot bigger.
2.gif

dolluper

Captain

That "honey -do" it's something that grows down south A!!!!

Andrew Leigh

Chief Petty Officer

It was the best thing that happened to us. My wife is more relaxed, she gets to do gardening which she loves and I hate. The house is always spic 'n span. She's a real homemaker and loves the role. We have gone back to the family unit that prevailed in my parents time.<br /><br />A general win win.<br /><br />Hey tylerin ........ no more of that "Not tonight honey i'm tired" aahhh the spin offs are starting to sound good. ;) <br /><br />The only negative is they seem to increase their capacity to spend when at home :D .

aspeck

Staff member

My wife sure does love being a full time homemaker. She is sorry she didn't do it sooner. Personal feelings are it is better to be poor, and have a happy family unit, than have extra $, but are to frazeled to enjoy it.

D

DJ

Get familiar with the (below) site. The cards are stacked against you. Been there, done that.<br /><br />Basically, in a nutshell, the government no longer recognizes a stay at home parent. If one of you fits thst profile, prepare for a fight come tax time. <br /><br />You will lose. Been there, done that, got the receipts to prove it.<br /><br /><br />I don't want to appear negative, but the stakes, all of them, are stacked against you. <br /><br /> http://www.irs.gov/

spratt

Lieutenant

Originally posted by aspeck:<br /> My wife sure does love being a full time homemaker. She is sorry she didn't do it sooner. Personal feelings are it is better to be poor, and have a happy family unit, than have extra $, but are to frazeled to enjoy it.
Man do we have a common philosophy!!! My wife and I will hav ebeen married for 27 years in April, and she worked about 6 months after we married...that is it!!! Nope, we aren't rich, fer sure...but what a happy home...and her two sons (ours!!) just adore here and talk to her on the phone ALL the time...she is really really really close to them!!! And now she is working that wonder on the grands!!!

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by DJ:<br /> Get familiar with the (below) site. The cards are stacked against you. Been there, done that.<br /><br />Basically, in a nutshell, the government no longer recognizes a stay at home parent. If one of you fits thst profile, prepare for a fight come tax time. <br /><br />You will lose. Been there, done that, got the receipts to prove it.<br /><br /><br />I don't want to appear negative, but the stakes, all of them, are stacked against you. <br /><br /> http://www.irs.gov/
What exactly are you saying, DJ? Can you be a bit more specific?

LadyFish

Admiral

Dang DJ, what a killjoy. :p <br /><br />Ty was fantasizin of a clean house and sex every night.

D

DJ

Boomyall, <br /><br />Yes, I can elaborate.<br /><br />1. The government does not recognize a stay at home parent as a dependent or caregiver. They only recognize "certified" day care facilities. If you are off their "sights" you are off the scale. That applies to many corporations also. Healthcare included. <br /><br />Check your company for health care. Your wife is probabaly not covered, since she is out of the workforce. <br /> <br />Prepare yourself and get ready for a fight.<br /><br /><br />2. The government does not recognize "home reared" children as as an alternative to pre-school. <br /><br />To keep any benefits you can get. Keep your children in GOVERNMENT schools. It's the only way. Unless, you are willing to go the extra mile for your ability to do as you choose.<br /><br />Ladyfish,<br /><br />Yea, I'm a killjoy. My wife went back to work (20 year abscence) about six months ago. It's a menial job that she surely enjoys.<br /><br /><br />Do I like it-NO. Thank GOD our children are raised, for the most part. Her income goes directly to their further education.!

eeboater

Commander

Originally posted by tylerin:<br />she quit her job today.
Did she tell you she was going to do this? haha<br /><br />Sean

D

DJ

Oops! Dupe, post. Don't know how that happened.<br /><br />Sorry.

spratt

Lieutenant

He who make big BUCKS and brag must be proud owner of new print press...